Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Have Inquired About Potential Trade For Jerry Jeudy
Not sure how true.....but that's the rumor.

Wasn't there some whispers about the a couple of weeks ago too?

I dont think there's anything but smoke on this one myself. 

I heard that and really like the idea. But Sean Payton has since come out and gave the world the ol' "we have no intention" speech. So we'll see. Be funny if the Vikings had three of the top five receivers drafted in 2020. 

I like Jeudy, but we need to stop trading for guys we'll have to pay in short order and start drafting talented guys that can contribute on rookie contracts. Unless we want to be the Rams and say "F them picks!" We don't have the cap room or draft picks to be taking such an approach 

is that a future home for Cook or Smith?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I was thinking the same thing. Cook might fit in Payton's system.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
That might make for a crowded backfield. They've already got Javonte Williams and Samaje Perine (and if I recall, former Vikings legend Mike Boone).

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@1VikesFan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
That might make for a crowded backfield. They've already got Javonte Williams and Samaje Perine (and if I recall, former Vikings legend Mike Boone).
I forgot they signed Perine.

What’s the theory on why the Broncos would want to trade
him?

Quote: @medaille said:
What’s the theory on why the Broncos would want to trade
him?
I think mostly because the Broncos don't have a pick in either round 1 or round 2. And Jeudy, unlike Sutton, is still on his rookie contract, and so he's a player they could actually get a nice return on. The obvious problem is the fact that he's on the same contract timeline as Justin Jefferson. But the Vikings could feasibly have them coexist for at least a couple years since Jefferson will likely be extended soon and Jeudy is more of a 5th year option candidate.