Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDaniels To Vegas
[Image: ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpg]
Raiders are expected to hire former Patriots’ OC Josh McDaniels as their head coach, per sources. Two sides still are finalizing the contract, but McDaniels is their man.

[Image: MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg]
The #Raiders are expected to hire #Patriots de facto GM Dave Ziegler as their new GM, per,
@MikeGarafolo and @TomPelissero. He was key in New England’s fast turnaround, now turns his attention to Las Vegas. The next step is slated to be the hire of Josh McDaniels as head coach.

The dominoes continue to fall....

Carr gotta be happy about this. 

[Image: dKwT9yPQ_bigger.jpg]
Derek Carr and Josh McDaniels know each other a bit and there’s mutual admiration, I gather. Carr is entering the last year of his contract at a very reasonable $19.9 million. Let’s see what the new #Raiders regime decides to do at QB.

I think this probably takes Carr off the market. There was speculation he would be available, but I’m sure McDaniels is more than happy to have him. 
This hire in some ways is a little outside the box, but it very well may pay off. The Raiders have a decent core in place, it’s a pretty solid opportunity. 

I'm pretty glad we never got on the hype train for this guy. Maybe he does well in Vegas, but I like where we're sitting as far as candidates go.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
I'm pretty glad we never got on the hype train for this guy. Maybe he does well in Vegas, but I like where we're sitting as far as candidates go.
McDaniel is a bigger douche**g then Harbaugh and that is not an easy feat.

McDaniel burned so many coaching bridges when he pulled out of the Colts job, while bringing in staff who were already hired.  

I didn't like Gruden at all, always thought he was highly overrated and a show pony.  

But I hope McDaniel is a huge fail.  

Leave it to the Raiders to make the most boneheaded decisions every year. 

This is perfect [Image: zrrczrg3i5re.gif]

[Image: 7q28wn51ps20.jpeg]