Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Connell And Ryan Set For 2nd Interviews
You want more boring offense from 1985, Harbaugh's your guy.  Believe me, I've been watching him for the past 7 yrs. in Michigan, and besides for this past year where he got a gift from his brother who rented him a DC to save his job, he's been stale, disengaged, and clueless. He constantly speaks in cliches, and will wear thin quickly.  Really don't care if he leaves Michigan, just don't give me the boomerang of going to Minnesota please. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
I think O'Connell and Ryans both fit with what the Wilfs stated they are looking for and would be well received by the team. Kwesi has past experience with Harbaugh if there was a serious interest, he would be in Minny right now hammering out a deal and the Vikes would not be scheduling 2nd interviews.  

I think the Harbaugh news is a leverage play.  If Harbaugh was really interested in coming to the NFL he would be in Miami, where their billionaire owner Stephen Ross who is a Michigan grad has been obsessed with bringing him to Miami and would give him a blank check and all the power he wants.  
Harbaugh might using the interview as a leverage play. If I were the U of M, I'd look at the entire body of work instead of just this past year... Some major chinks in the armor as far as building a staff, and overall direction/scheme of play.

Ross has said early on that he would not be the one to lure Harbaugh back to the NFL. Ross has more allegiance to the University than to Harbaugh.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:Ross has said early on that he would not be the one to lure Harbaugh back to the NFL. Ross has more allegiance to the University than to Harbaugh.
Ross tried to lure Harbaugh to Miami before hiring Flores and I think his recent quote is more damage control as he knows Harbaugh is not interested in coming to the NFL.  I have no doubt that if Harbaugh wanted in Ross would be all over him.