Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles to release Darius Slay
Wonder what salary he’d command? Would certainly look good in purple…!  B) 

Eagles plan to release star CB Darius Slay, sources sayThe Philadelphia Eagles plan to release five-time Pro Bowl cornerback Darius Slay, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.
The Eagles and Slay could not work out a restructured contract, and Slay will be a free agent at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, the sources said. The Eagles also had allowed Slay's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, to seek a trade before deciding to release him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35864407/eagles-plan-release-star-cb-darius-slay-sources-say

He had 3 picks last year.. 2 against the Vikings  :/

Not sure he is the man coverage type of DB we appear to be looking for under Flores. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
Not sure he is the man coverage type of DB we appear to be looking for under Flores. 
If I recall, he played quite well against Jefferson…

In November of ‘21, PFF tweeted that he was rated the best in the NFL in single coverage…

Stat shows Darius Slay has been unbeatable in single coverage this yearDecember 1, 2021
Things didn't seem like they could get much better for Darius Slay after Week 11.
After a debut season in Philadelphia that didn't exactly jump off the page, the three-time Pro Bowler really found his groove in the middle of the 2021 campaign, earning his first pick-six — and his third touchdown in four weeks — against the Saints in Week 11. He had a stellar 92.8 Pro Football Focus grade thanks to his performance, one which highest in the league regardless of position, and earned recognition as Defensive Player of the Week. But after Week 12 — a game which the Eagles lost, though not due to the defense — and zero completions allowed when targeted for the first time all season, another of Slay's stats improved even further.
Thanks to PFF, we now know that in single coverage, Darius Slay is practically unbeatable. I'm not even sure I need that qualifying "practically" there. His passer rating allowed is, frankly, hard to believe. To put it in context, when Cam Newton was benched in Week 12 after going 5-21 for 92 yards and two interceptions, his passer rating was a paltry 5.75.

https://www.audacy.com/national/sports/stat-shows-darius-slay-is-unbeatable-in-single-coverage

Slay and Murphy on the edges, backed up by Booth and Evans (can Booth play inside) could be a very quality CB room.  Throw in Harry and Cine.

I still think we would need an inside guy and that's not Duke.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  [Image: sunglasses.png] 

The #Vikings are finalizing a deal to acquire former #Eagles CB Darius Slay, per sources. Minnesota continues to make powerful moves to upgrade their defense.

per tweet from Adam Schefter

Quote: @Kentis said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  [Image: sunglasses.png] 

The #Vikings are finalizing a deal to acquire former #Eagles CB Darius Slay, per sources. Minnesota continues to make powerful moves to upgrade their defense.

per tweet from Adam Schhefter
HOT DAMN!!!

oh oh, fake tweet, I Got Stickied!  Confused 

I was so excited too, sorry!

Definitely fake, nothing from Schefter

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Definitely fake, nothing from Schefter

Yep, basterds took advantage of my famdom!