Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan Panthers Announce Plans To Be Mediocre

The Michigan Panthers of the USFL announced that they have hired Jeff Fisher as their new HC. The return.

4-6 here we come Panthers…!  Wink 

[Image: 44uz3eupe5cv.jpeg]

I was one of the few USFL fans back in the day.

Tampa Bay Bandits we’re my favorite team, and the Michigan Panthers were my second favorite. 
Jeff Fisher will bring a tremendous amount of mediocrity to the league.

i am glad they kept all the old names and uniforms. Followed as well, i was about 10 the first year

Quote: @kmillard said:
i am glad they kept all the old names and uniforms. Followed as well, i was about 10 the first year
I was 20, and I worked with a guy at a local factory that worked for the Chicago Blitz. He would give me tickets to their games, so I got to see quite a few teams play live.
I am glad they kept the old names too. Gives us old fans a connection.

I was glad when the USFL closed down...then we got Keith Millard and Anthony Carter.  Great players at the time.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
I was glad when the USFL closed down...then we got Keith Millard and Anthony Carter.  Great players at the time.
The USFL was great for the young Vikings run in the late 80s. Besides those two, Gary Zimmerman, LB David Howard, CB Wymon Henderson, G Dave Huffman all made big contributions. 

[Image: 44uz3eupe5cv.jpeg]
Have a picture I took of him when they played the Rams in Anaheim (last game before the scabs) The dude is ALL LEGS. 

Had that Nike Poster of him laying out for a pass.  wish I still had it

@ArizonaViking said:
The USFL was great for the young Vikings run in the late 80s. Besides those two, Gary Zimmerman, LB David Howard, CB Wymon Henderson, G Dave Huffman all made big contributions. 
Beat me to it...

Imagine a draft year where you add a Millard, Zimmerman and AC?

Cause thats what happened here.