Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogers Piece from ESPN....
I am just going to put this over here to start with,  saves time that way.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3308...on-rodgers

I have to say I have found a little respect for Rogers from this article. not that a person has to agree with his positions,  but the fact that he is willing to say what he says..now if he really had stones he would have said it in camp like Cousins and a few others did,  but I understand him taking the approach that he did as well.  I think the way the league penalized him was a joke,  he broke the rules and essentially didnt get desert after his supper,  but again,  I understand why he went the way he did.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

What is shows more than anything is how ridiculous and pathetic some people online are in social media. Quick to judge, quick to assume, quick to label and even quicker to denigrate and ridicule. Rodgers is making fun of those idiots and they deserve it. Now I'm not talking his vaccination stance, that's a different story. I'm talking about the opening piece about Ayn Rand: its so f$%^ing stupid how people are so quick to either praise or belittle on basically zero information at all and make broad assumptions. Its indicative of the Twitter idiots, the Instagram superficiality and the Facebook mafia: easy to fool, manipulate and egg on.

One thing he's got figured out: he doesn't give a shit. 

This was more confirming for me than anything

He's a HOF QB who SF should have drafted vs Smith
A surgeon vs gunslinger ala Favre
A Mercurial Contrarian who'll speak his mind
Difficult to like unless you're a Pack fan
I could care less about his Vax status

Not sure if he's done in GB or not?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
This was more confirming for me than anything

He's a HOF QB who SF should have drafted vs Smith
A surgeon vs gunslinger ala Favre
A Mercurial Contrarian who'll speak his mind
Difficult to like unless you're a Pack fan
I could care less about his Vax status

Not sure if he's done in GB or not?
I actually like some of his tacts,  at first i thought it was arrogance,  but I am starting to think he just finds humor in watching peoples heads explode over little shit,  or false shit like the toe story.  kind of letting the thief think they are getting away with the crime... and then perry masoning their ass at the last minute.

He is arrogant and thinks he's smarter than most...He probably is vs avg nfl player. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I am just going to put this over here to start with,  saves time that way.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3308...on-rodgers

I have to say I have found a little respect for Rogers from this article. not that a person has to agree with his positions,  but the fact that he is willing to say what he says..now if he really had stones he would have said it in camp like Cousins and a few others did,  but I understand him taking the approach that he did as well.  I think the way the league penalized him was a joke,  he broke the rules and essentially didnt get desert after his supper,  but again,  I understand why he went the way he did.
As others have said, he doesn't give a shit about the corporate NFL, but on the other hand, he makes lots of money and enjoys the benefits.  If he would have taken a stance early on, I would actually respect him.  As you say, I understand why he didn't because it is a no win situation.

I am glad he gave the NFL the finger, but I am also glad he is 1 and done in the playoffs.