Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me Ryans
i would love to see what Ryans would scheme up for Hunter. i would guess he would see him as the Vikings version of Nick Bosa

Not to piss in everybody's Cheerios, but this has been an excellent San Francisco defense for a few years now and they are an elite unit when healthy. Robert Saleh got the Jets job on the back of this defense and proceeded to lead the Jets to the 32nd ranked defense in the league in his first year as head coach...dead last! To me a lot of the credit for this 49ers defense goes to John Lynch who's been able to identify and draft a lot of really good players. Go look at their depth chart and look at how many starters they have that were drafted in the 3rd round or later. It's impressive. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Not to piss in everybody's Cheerios, but this has been an excellent San Francisco defense for a few years now and they are an elite unit when healthy. Robert Saleh got the Jets job on the back of this defense and proceeded to lead the Jets to the 32nd ranked defense in the league in his first year as head coach...dead last! To me a lot of the credit for this 49ers defense goes to John Lynch who's been able to identify and draft a lot of really good players. Go look at their depth chart and look at how many starters they have that were drafted in the 3rd round or later. It's impressive. 

To me that suggests Saleh was overrated, not Ryans, where was the expected drop off…? Obviously the Niners have talent on D but there’s been turnover on their personnel as well, consider who they were playing in the defensive backfield yesterday for one…

Quote: @Kentis said:
@supafreak84 said:

To me that suggests Saleh was overrated, not Ryans, where was the expected drop off…? Obviously the Niners have talent on D but there’s been turnover on their personnel as well, consider who they were playing in the defensive backfield yesterday for one…
Yes but they make up for their lack of cornerback talent with an excellent front seven that can stop the run and get after the quarterback. They also have a couple very solid safeties. All that makes average to below average talent at cornerback look better. You can scheme and game plan that deficiency to where it's manageable, which is what the 49ers have done. 

@Kentis said:
@supafreak84 said:

Yes but they make up for their lack of cornerback talent with an excellent front seven that can stop the run and get after the quarterback. They also have a couple very solid safeties. All that makes average to below average talent at cornerback look better. You can scheme and game plan that deficiency to where it's manageable, which is what the 49ers have done. 
Getting consistent pressure and hits on any QB covers up a lot of deficiencies on the back side if your CBs can at least disrupt the quick routes a little bit with consistency. 

One of those rookie DB’s that’s been starting, Thomas, missed yesterday w/ an injury, too. IDK, at some point you’ve got to give some credit to Ryans…

Ryans made it difficult for Rodgers to read coverage and that's not easily done. There is definitely something here beyond talented personnel. I can't wait to see how he deals with McVay's offense. 
I think the niners go to the SB. McVay against Shannahan. That should be one hell of a game.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Ryans made it difficult for Rodgers to read coverage and that's not easily done. There is definitely something here beyond talented personnel. I can't wait to see how he deals with McVay's offense. 
I think the niners go to the SB. McVay against Shannahan. That should be one hell of a game.
Me too....

Destiny and they are the Rams kryptonite as much as the Packers. 

Something to think about....the four head coaches in the championship games...all offensive minded. The theme here is that if you have a great, innovative, offensive mind with weapons to play with...you are going to be very difficult to stop. To the Wilfs...take note and leave Quinn, Morris, and Bowles off your finalist list. 

Something to think about....the four head coaches in the championship games...all offensive minded. The theme here is that if you have a great, innovative, offensive mind with weapons to play with...you are going to be very difficult to stop. To the Wilfs...take note and leave Quinn, Morris, and Bowles off your finalist list. 
I like Morris but yeah, agreed. 

Chiefs are going to roll whichever NFC team they face too. Best offensive coaches, best QB, best playmakers. Bills had the #1 D. Got shredded.