Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raheem in the house tomorrow
Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@AGRforever said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@AGRforever said:
He'd be a triple retread. His record is 21-38.  Not exactly a glowing number of wins. 
He was 32 in his first stint. He's probably grown a great deal since then. Had a pretty tough schedule when he took over for Quinn.

We just ran a guy out of town that went 72-56-1  .5625 vs .3559 in Morris. 

Maybe there's something amazing I'm missing? 
The culture Zim fostered. 
Winning is the best culture.  Nothing else really matters.  Zimmer didn’t win the last two years.  That’s why he was fired.  His ability and likelihood to win should be 95% of the evaluation.  A coach that wins needs to do right in the other areas in order to win.  Culture is simply one of those other areas.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@AGRforever said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@AGRforever said:
He'd be a triple retread. His record is 21-38.  Not exactly a glowing number of wins. 
He was 32 in his first stint. He's probably grown a great deal since then. Had a pretty tough schedule when he took over for Quinn.

I like Morris a lot as a candidate. His HC record is bad but he’s had some great stints as a coordinator. Maybe he puts it together this go-round?

All that said, your point is certainly valid. If the Vikings hired him and it doesn’t work, the hindsight will be really strong. 
Someone help here. Has there been a coach that had two previous cracks at it and finally got it going in his third stint? I know Belicheat figured it out from round one to round two. 

Guys like pat shurmur can coordinate like a madman but cant seem to get it done as a HC. 

Morris got those two head coaching stints by default just by being on the staff of a head coach that got fired.  He has even admitted he wasn't ready to be a head coach.  But he is like 10 years older now and more experienced.  Also during his time as head coach in Tampa, just after Gruden was fired, the Glazers decided to strip down payroll so the roster was similar to what Tice had under Red.  Not a good situation at all.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@pattersaur said:
@AGRforever said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@AGRforever said:

I like Morris a lot as a candidate. His HC record is bad but he’s had some great stints as a coordinator. Maybe he puts it together this go-round?

All that said, your point is certainly valid. If the Vikings hired him and it doesn’t work, the hindsight will be really strong. 
Someone help here. Has there been a coach that had two previous cracks at it and finally got it going in his third stint? I know Belicheat figured it out from round one to round two. 

Guys like pat shurmur can coordinate like a madman but cant seem to get it done as a HC. 
He’s had one opportunity at being an NFL Head Coach and that was 2009 to 2011. He was 32 years old when he took the job. It was a challenging top job to take at that time. 

In 2020, he was defensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons. When they fired the head coach Dan Quinn (another vying for the Vikes job now) and their GM after week 5, Morris was made interim HC in order to finish out the rest of the season. 
So he’s had one three year opportunity 13 years ago. He’s now 45 and has had a ton of all around experience in that time.

I’m not sure if he’s the best candidate, but he’s certainly a legit contender in my opinion. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@AGRforever said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@AGRforever said:

Winning is the best culture.  Nothing else really matters.  Zimmer didn’t win the last two years.  That’s why he was fired.  His ability and likelihood to win should be 95% of the evaluation.  A coach that wins needs to do right in the other areas in order to win.  Culture is simply one of those other areas.
How Machiavellian.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@Waterboy said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@AGRforever said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@AGRforever said:

How Machiavellian.
Yeah, it may help the board “culture”.

Rams OC Kevin O'Connell also interviewing today.