Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodds Tells Bears To Pound Sand
#Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds informed the #Bears he’s withdrawing his name from their GM search, per source.

Might he end up in Las Vegas?

good news, get him in here 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
good news, get him in here 
I honestly dont know shit about teams front office people,  but it seems like Indy has quietly built a  pretty decent team over there and I dont recall them needing any real splash moves to make it happen outside of trading for Wentz.  I am leerly of GMs or OC/HCs that had great systems/QBs in place,  like anybody under belicheat,  or has worked with rogers or brady, or a few others,  likewise DCs that have had great players like Donald at DT (that covers up a lot of poor schemes, game plans, and play calls)  It would be nice to find a HC that really has shown to do more with less ( and not the GM candidate that comes from those teams that have had to do more with less... thats his job to make sure they dont have less) 

The Bears are a very good opportunity for someone both GM and HC but you have to deal with the ownership which is clueless - good for us.  

I wonder if that is why Dodds dropped out?

Which brings me to our beloved Vikings - we are also a very good opportunity with great ownership (IMO)

Quote: @minny65 said:
The Bears are a very good opportunity for someone both GM and HC but you have to deal with the ownership which is clueless - good for us.  

I wonder if that is why Dodds dropped out?

Which brings me to our beloved Vikings - we are also a very good opportunity with great ownership (IMO)
I was thinking the same. They gave Pace plenty of rope. But the Bears have let so much talent walk out the door over the years, wonder if that’s ownership being cheap? Marshall, Olsen, Forte, Robinson(?). 

Just read this:

The Chicago Bears are focused on finding their next general manager and head coach following the firings of Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy last week.
There’s been an intriguing list of candidates, especially on the GM side. But it sounds like one is bowing out of the running.
According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, Indianapolis Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds has withdrawn his name from Chicago’s GM search. Dodds interviewed with the Bears on Monday.
Quote:#Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds informed the #Bears he’s withdrawing his name from their GM search, per source.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 19, 2022
Dodds is considered one of the NFL’s most respected talent evaluators, and he’s someone who could finally get an opportunity to serve as GM. Dodds has worked alongside Colts GM Chris Ballard since 2017, where he was promoted to assistant GM in 2018, and previously spent the previous 10 years with the Seattle Seahawks, where he helped build their Super Bowl roster. Last year, Dodds received interest from the Detroit Lions and the Carolina Panthers, interviewing for both vacant GM positions.
Dodds was considered a favorite among Bears fans to land the job. Although, according to DaBearsBlog’s Jeff Hughes, Dodds interview “went terribly.”
But there’s still another Colts exec who’s set to interview for the GM job in Indianapolis’ director of college scouting Morocco Brown, as well as some other really great potential GM candidates still in the running.

Quote: @minny65 said:
Just read this:

The Chicago Bears are focused on finding their next general manager and head coach following the firings of Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy last week.
There’s been an intriguing list of candidates, especially on the GM side. But it sounds like one is bowing out of the running.
According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, Indianapolis Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds has withdrawn his name from Chicago’s GM search. Dodds interviewed with the Bears on Monday.
#Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds informed the #Bears he’s withdrawing his name from their GM search, per source.
Dodds is considered one of the NFL’s most respected talent evaluators, and he’s someone who could finally get an opportunity to serve as GM. Dodds has worked alongside Colts GM Chris Ballard since 2017, where he was promoted to assistant GM in 2018, and previously spent the previous 10 years with the Seattle Seahawks, where he helped build their Super Bowl roster. Last year, Dodds received interest from the Detroit Lions and the Carolina Panthers, interviewing for both vacant GM positions.
Dodds was considered a favorite among Bears fans to land the job. Although, according to DaBearsBlog’s Jeff Hughes, Dodds interview “went terribly.”
But there’s still another Colts exec who’s set to interview for the GM job in Indianapolis’ director of college scouting Morocco Brown, as well as some other really great potential GM candidates still in the running.
That 'went terribly " and Dodds pulling himself could be taken a couple different ways.  He sucked as a candidate and is pulling his name to save face,  or he isn't willing to work the job the way they wanted their gm to do it and he told them as much,  and is now making it official that he isn't interested in doing it their way. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@minny65 said:
Just read this:

#Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds informed the #Bears he’s withdrawing his name from their GM search, per source.
That 'went terribly " and Dodds pulling himself could be taken a couple different ways.  He sucked as a candidate and is pulling his name to save face,  or he isn't willing to work the job the way they wanted their gm to do it and he told them as much,  and is now making it official that he isn't interested in doing it their way. 
Yea, with Dodds experience I would think the later.   But also the Jeff Hughes guy could be trying to save the Bears face????

“Terribly”. There’s no such thing in a job interview at that level. Every one of the candidates will be sharp experienced people. Saying it went “terrible” is nothing more than spin in my opinion. 
It’s my guess that Dodds went in there and said this is what we are going to need to do to turn things around and what I will need to get it done. They probably said a bunch of things that led Dodds to believe their vision was incompatible with (probably reality) what he needs to be successful. 
Dodds: “Thanks but no thanks” 
Bears press guy - “shit how do we spin this?”