Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erin Henderson checks in....
Now if this came from his brother, a real linebacker...then I would put some validity into it...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Erin was gone before Zim got here, whats his tie to the situation?  Was is Zimmer that didn't want him?  Maybe an ax to grind there?
Erin played 6 seasons in Minnesota.  EJ played 9 and has been head of the Vikings youth football program since 2014. Safe to say one or both still has friends within the building.
I know his resume,  but for him to have never played under Zimmer or with Cousins,  and no formal ties with the team,  seemed odd for him to be chirping.  Really not many left around that even played with him at all.
Kinda where I'm at too. I value former players insight from playing the game, but if you don't have ties to current players on the team then I'm not sure how much I can buy into your theories. At least I haven't seen him post about how his era was much better than the current era as that seems to be a common theme for all former players in all sports haha

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Erin was gone before Zim got here, whats his tie to the situation?  Was is Zimmer that didn't want him?  Maybe an ax to grind there?
Erin played 6 seasons in Minnesota.  EJ played 9 and has been head of the Vikings youth football program since 2014. Safe to say one or both still has friends within the building.
I know his resume,  but for him to have never played under Zimmer or with Cousins,  and no formal ties with the team,  seemed odd for him to be chirping.  Really not many left around that even played with him at all.
Kinda where I'm at too. I value former players insight from playing the game, but if you don't have ties to current players on the team then I'm not sure how much I can buy into your theories. At least I haven't seen him post about how his era was much better than the current era as that seems to be a common theme for all former players in all sports haha
Like when tarkenton wanted nothing to do with the team until they were making their run in 09 and he had a book to sell,  suddenly he had a lot to say and wanted to be part of the Vikings excitement again.  Some players have stayed part of the organization and some haven't.   I cant say either way on Erin here,  but his lack of connection to either the team, the ex coach, or the player seems odd for him to chime up.  Of course he is now eligible for canton.... :p

@bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
EJ has been involved with the team as a player or member of the youth football program for 18 years, Id consider a brother with nearly two decades time in with the team a formal tie. Beyond that he played with Harrison who has been around the entire time. And guys like Griffen, Rudolph, Sendejo, Scherels, Rhodes, Robison and Greenway. All of whom either played several more seasons or remained with strong team ties. Then factor in it's pretty much all the same media. Lol, I haven't worked at my former job in over a decade. Most of the people that were there when I was there are gone. But I met tons of the newer hires through the people I used to know at the company and still know all the drama going on. Not sure why a sports ball team would differ.  

Haven't we seen Cousins unleashed when he was with the Redskins?  Statistically he was much better in his 4 years here than his four years as a starter in Washington.  I guess I don't know what Erin Henderson is implying...  is Kirk all of a sudden gonna be elite?  Doubtful...  He's a good QB, but he isn't Rodgers or Brady or Mahomes who can elevate a team.  Hopefully a new HC and GM can bring a new energy to the team.  That will be more impactful than "unleashing" Kirk Cousins.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Haven't we seen Cousins unleashed when he was with the Redskins?  Statistically he was much better in his 4 years here than his four years as a starter in Washington.  I guess I don't know what Erin Henderson is implying...  is Kirk all of a sudden gonna be elite?  Doubtful...  He's a good QB, but he isn't Rodgers or Brady or Mahomes who can elevate a team.  Hopefully a new HC and GM can bring a new energy to the team.  That will be more impactful than "unleashing" Kirk Cousins.
He was a lot better with significantly less, perhaps that is what Erin is referencing. We all know the playcalling was horrendous this year so maybe a new HC allows for some better play calls that benefits the passing game. Dalvin had the worst receiving stats of his career (when excluding rookie season), no reason he can't be getting 500 yards receiving per year, if healthy of course.

Erin squandered his ability, played hungover and lasted as long as he did because we wished he was EJ.

So yeah, he played in the NFL, but I don't really care what his take is.

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
EJ has been involved with the team as a player or member of the youth football program for 18 years, Id consider a brother with nearly two decades time in with the team a formal tie. Beyond that he played with Harrison who has been around the entire time. And guys like Griffen, Rudolph, Sendejo, Scherels, Rhodes, Robison and Greenway. All of whom either played several more seasons or remained with strong team ties. Then factor in it's pretty much all the same media. Lol, I haven't worked at my former job in over a decade. Most of the people that were there when I was there are gone. But I met tons of the newer hires through the people I used to know at the company and still know all the drama going on. Not sure why a sports ball team would differ.  
I think EJs connection to the team and Erins are likely not the same,  Erin doesnt live in the commuity,  his time with the team he was somewhat of a fuck up ( PEDs and booze)  I have my doubts he is really all that in tune with what is happening in that locker room,  least ways not likely enough to be making informed comments on it.  I havent seen or heard of him once since he left here, hell we rarely see or hear of or from EJ and he is apparently still involved with the team.

hes entitled to his opinion, as are all of us,  but I just wouldnt weigh his words as any greater than pretty much anybody on this board that follows the team closely.  like I said,  if hes been a ghost for nearly a decade and chimes in now,  I have to wonder why.

@bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I think EJs connection to the team and Erins are likely not the same,  Erin doesnt live in the commuity,  his time with the team he was somewhat of a fuck up ( PEDs and booze)  I have my doubts he is really all that in tune with what is happening in that locker room,  least ways not likely enough to be making informed comments on it.  I havent seen or heard of him once since he left here, hell we rarely see or hear of or from EJ and he is apparently still involved with the team.

hes entitled to his opinion, as are all of us,  but I just wouldnt weigh his words as any greater than pretty much anybody on this board that follows the team closely.  like I said,  if hes been a ghost for nearly a decade and chimes in now,  I have to wonder why.
I guess I have to stat the obvious. EJ is Erin's source. Tied to the team for the last 18 years. To think a guy with nearly two decades in the organization wouldn't know anyone currently on the team, coaching staff, front office, or media is being purposely obtuse. 

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JimmyinSD said:

I guess I have to stat the obvious. EJ is Erin's source. Tied to the team for the last 18 years. To think a guy with nearly two decades in the organization wouldn't know anyone currently on the team, coaching staff, front office, or media is being purposely obtuse. 
I am not questioning the veracity of the claims,  I've said for quite a while that something stunk like hell around Zimmer,  i am wondering why Erin decides now to speak on the affairs of the Vikings and or Kirk Cousins?  Like I said,  the guy was a ghost for nearly a decade and now decides to speak up on matters involving people he has never played with or for.  Whats his angle here?