Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess there was a schism between Zim and Rick
Quote: @pattersaur said:
@VikingOracle said:
I am kind of amazed about the piling on Zimmer happening right now.  I remember this happening with Steckel, but I did not expect it with Zimmer.
Agreed with everything but especially this last part. It’s clearly open season on Zim from the press. Stark contrast from PA scolding fans like a week ago (that aged well).

But where were these reports a month ago? Or two? Or last year? Whole team/media thing seems incestuous and strange. Zim is getting dragged big time while Rick is pretty much skating, by comparison. 
I dont know. I gotta a different take. And I've been pretty transparent as to how I felt about the end of the era of Zimm and my respect for him. 

1). PA is a Viking schill and mouthpiece
2). Maybe the truth really is coming out vs Zimmer is getting unfairly skewered by the local, ink stained wretches?

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@VikingOracle said:
I am kind of amazed about the piling on Zimmer happening right now.  I remember this happening with Steckel, but I did not expect it with Zimmer.
Agreed with everything but especially this last part. It’s clearly open season on Zim from the press. Stark contrast from PA scolding fans like a week ago (that aged well).

But where were these reports a month ago? Or two? Or last year? Whole team/media thing seems incestuous and strange. Zim is getting dragged big time while Rick is pretty much skating, by comparison. 
Seems easy to figure out. Zim treated people like dirt, and while Rick made a some mistakes, they seem to have been made in good faith. The media is also easy to figure out. They wanted access. They didn't want to be treated like Tomasson.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@pattersaur said:
@VikingOracle said:

Seems easy to figure out. Zim treated people like dirt, and while Rick made a some mistakes, they seem to have been made in good faith. The media is also easy to figure out. They wanted access. They didn't want to be treated like Tomasson.

I think we all knew that Zimmer played favorites; that is now coming home to roost.  Probably a year too late, but good that the Wilfs blew this up.  It was clearly getting worse and worse.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@pattersaur said:
@VikingOracle said:

I think we all knew that Zimmer played favorites; that is now coming home to roost.  Probably a year too late, but good that the Wilfs blew this up.  It was clearly getting worse and worse.
I think you're right. In retrospect a year too late. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@VikingOracle said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@pattersaur said:
@VikingOracle said:

When Zimmer failed to play the reserves/young draft picks in a meaningless final game last year (and again this year), that was Zimmer telling Spielman, "FU, I am not going to develop you 6th and 7th rounders."  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@VikingOracle said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@pattersaur said:
@VikingOracle said:

Agreed. And while I already think it’s “an extension too late” on Kirk, I really hope they move on now rather than stringing this thing along until 99% of fans are on board with his ousting. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Skodin said:
zim never wanted Cousins. Spielman went after the analytical midwest boy (like himself) to be his legacy. 

it was the beginning of the end

time to rid of Cousins
A couple thing's on Cousins. He is under contract for one more season. We can't cut him because the dead money cap hit would be 45 million dollars. We can try trading him, but he'll be 34 years old and what could we get for him in a trade package? If we were able to trade him and his contract, what are we doing for a starting QB for this upcoming season? It's not a pretty free agent market and this is a very weak draft class of QB's. 
More than what the Eagles got for Wentz, less than the Lions got for Stafford.

The Vikings are 0-2 in trades that were supposed to be the final Super Bowl piece.

I don't know that we could get a first round pick for Cousins. The Eagles got it for Wentz because the Colts were gambling on him reverting back to MVP form and was still only 28. I'm trying to think of teams that it would make sense for to make a move for Cousins...and its slim pickings. Maybe Cleveland reuniting with Stefanski depending on what they decide on Mayfield. Redskins would probably make the most sense
Cousins has APPEARED on the injury report once since 2014. Extremely productive. 33 isn't exactly ancient. Pen him in for 4000 yards and 30+ TDs.

And we can't get a first?

Fuck no.
I think its possible but not probable. I think interested teams will look at it as a mini fire-sale with Cousins. I still don't see it happening, but crazier things certainly have.
Wentz=fire sale...Lock=fire sale...Taysom Hill/Jameis Winston= fire sale...Taylor Heinicke=fire sale...Tua Tagovailoa= fire sale...Sam Darnold=fire sale...Jared Goff=fire sale...Matt Ryan=fire sale...Baker Mayfield=fire sale...Cousins=not a fire sale.
Which one of these is as durable and productive as Cousins?

I'll wait.
For sure, but being better then that riff raff and being worth a first round pick are two very different things. I hope you are right. And even if you aren’t I just hope the Vikings don’t give Kirk the “5 more years” idea that’s been bandied about. 
Kirk will be 34 years old before the start of next season. 
I don't know what Cousins will draw in trade. There are just too many variables to factor in, contract being the big one, but I would be very surprised if we didn't get at least one 1st rounder. 

There are several teams--Broncos, Steelers, Saints, Panthers, Browns--who would probably be interested in a durable QB who is probably 3 or 4 years away from age-related decline, especially in a down year for QBs in the draft. 

[Image: wlb60vyae4sc.jpeg]

We can do better.

[Image: v8rrqb0ekx2m.png]

JT18:  I get where you are going with this (and you also need to factor in the receivers he is working with).  

I had a colleague at the law firm I worked at who always bragged that he had never lost a motion he brought.  Sounds impressive.  But good attorneys lose motions because they are pushing the envelop of the law on behalf of their clients -- they are not just bringing motions that are winners.  Cousins doesn't do that.  In the vast majority of pass plays, he is not taking any risks -- which is good in most circumstances.  But it is in those other circumstances, the 3rd down plays, where you must take a risk -- throw a 50/50 ball -- that Cousins does not excel.  I have posted this before, if you want a QB that mechanically goes through his reads and pick the safest pass, Cousins is for you.  But if you need a QB that adjust the risk assessment based on a number of changing factors (such as down and distance, score, etc.), Cousins is just not a great choice.  JMHO.