Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Thought Flag Day Was In June
Belichick is proving to be exactly who he always was before Brady.

Routs on in buffalo. Wow. Turns out throwing a bunch of money at Jonnu Smythe and Nelly Agholor wasn’t the answer. 

the Bills are just toying with the Pats.

Watching Allen move around to set up plays with his legs really has me reconsidering my thoughts on keeping Cousins at the right price.  A QB that can move ( not just run) is so much more for the defense to scheme against.   Cousins arm talent is unquestionable,  but his lack of mobility is what will always have me looking over the fence.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Watching Allen move around to set up plays with his legs really has me reconsidering my thoughts on keeping Cousins at the right price.  A QB that can move ( not just run) is so much more for the defense to scheme against.   Cousins arm talent is unquestionable,  but his lack of mobility is what will always have me looking over the fence.
Yep. Its a very nice dimension to have at the position. Problem is Josh Allen is a unique talent. 

Daboll did a masterful job of developing Allen. He was handed uber raw tools and crafted a top 5 QB. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Yep. Its a very nice dimension to have at the position. Problem is Josh Allen is a unique talent. 
Everybody is unique,  but the tools he is using are not.  He reminds me a lot of a younger Rogers, Wilson,, and im sure others,, the way they use their legs to force the defense to play sideline to sideline at the LOS and the DBs to cover for 5 plus seconds at times. You want to talk about how to wear down a defense,  make them chase the QB 20 yards every pass play,,  and then crush their spirit by having him find that open guy and make the play anyway.

That is what you pay top QB money for, not part of it,  all of it.  Sadly I think Cousins likely has the athleticism for it,  but for some reason that part of his game was either intentionally suppressed or never coached up. Either way I think its to late for Cousins to really add that dimension to his game and with the athleticism of DL and LBs continuing to reach new levels a statue QB is only going to be affective against teams with weaknesses up front defensively ,  good teams tpically dont.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Do you mean a guy who took his team to the playoffs despite having very little talent and a rookie QB?  I guarantee if Belichick was coaching the talent on our team, the only way we would not have been playing this weekend would be because we would have the #1 seed.  

Welcome to the dark (light?) side!

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
I was going to post a similar sentiment, but think Billy's D let him down last night as much as anything...

I thought Jones had some pretty good throws especially early in the game - and his WR's played for s hit last night. 

Anyone else notice the time to throw those 2 QB's had most of the night????????????