Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denver Broncos
I think the Denver Broncos are the team to watch in relation to Cousins.  First, you have the obvious Paton connection (which could go both ways -- Paton could actually not think Cousins is the solution).  Second, a judge just cleared the way for the sale of the Broncos.  Basically, this means a new ownership group will be coming in before next season probably and this usually means a clean sweep of GM and coach etc.  So, I am guessing Paton is seeing this as an all in year for the Broncos.  Three, it appears Rodgers will stay with the Packers.  Four, I can't see Paton trading for Watson -- too risky.

What QBs might be available? Russel Wilson? Kirk Cousins? 

Quote: @PurplePastor said:

Carson Wentz  Smile

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
I think the Denver Broncos are the team to watch in relation to Cousins.  First, you have the obvious Paton connection (which could go both ways -- Paton could actually not think Cousins is the solution).  Second, a judge just cleared the way for the sale of the Broncos.  Basically, this means a new ownership group will be coming in before next season probably and this usually means a clean sweep of GM and coach etc.  So, I am guessing Paton is seeing this as an all in year for the Broncos.  Three, it appears Rodgers will stay with the Packers.  Four, I can't see Paton trading for Watson -- too risky.
They are really a QB away and you can't compete in that division without a QB. Mahomes, Herbert, Carr.....then the Broncos have Teddy. Huge disparity in talent. 

I'm at the point where I don't care if Kirk stays or goes. If you can pull a package of draft picks for him...it might be time 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@PurplePastor said:

Carson Wentz  Smile
You just got a good glimpse at his ceiling in Indy.

FWIW.

Kirk for teddy and a first and 3rd.  We eat 5 million of Kirk's 35.  Teddy and Mond battle for out for 1 year and then we make whatever moves necessary to get into the top spots next year for another young QB.  Maybe by the time our revamped D gels we will have a QB ready to take the team somewhere. 

Or see if Kirk will take a 2 year extension that averages about 35 per year and build around him.

Bridgewater is a free agent knucklehead.

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
Knock off the name calling

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
Buh bye

https://youtu.be/wg5lIpQkoOg

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
Was thinking about Denver the other day. They have a lot of cap space and Paton would most certainly extend Cousins so it definitely makes sense. I doubt he wants to go back, but WFT (until February) makes sense too. 

I'm a fan of tanking when the season is basically over to improve draft rank, but I am not a fan of it going into the season. Having Teddy as QB1 would be tanking going into the season. He isn't perfect and I dont really care for his antics, but let Jameis show what he can prove. We have weapons and if the additional cap space allows for some upgrades elsewhere, maybe some magic happens like with Keenum, idk?