Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Wilf and his Buzzwords
Collaboration, empowerment, blah blah blah

Basically they want a cowering puppet.  They should have hired Priefer who has great leadership skills. Watch how quickly this franchise becomes a soft snowflake.

what worries me is it sounds awfully familiar to the triangle of authority talk, and that turned out so well.

Yup. Sounds like all the phony buzzwords used in corporate America. 

The Wilfs are corporate beings...Its how they think and speak. 

They're also quite progressive and that isnt always going to resonate with a diverse fan base. 

How bout we let this play out some before we condemn? 

What did you want them to say, that they were looking for a close minded, dictator, ego-maniac?  Hilarious!  Those are qualities anyone would want in a HC and they were also sending a message to the players that they have their backs.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

They're also quite progressive and that isnt always going to resonate with a diverse fan base. 

They can say and do whatever they want, just going off past results from past buzzwords. I am just a longtime fan and former disgruntled season ticket holder.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:

They can say and do whatever they want, all I am going off is past results from past buzzwords. I am just a longtime fan and former disgruntled season ticket holder.
I hope they learned something from the Fran Foley, TOA days...We'll see I guess. 

How about saying saying we need a coach who installs a team first attitude instead of these snow flakes worried about their own stats. Belichick is a great coach because he, like Lombardi, Paul Brown,  Parcells all had exposure to military football programs. That’s where they all learned the value of team over individual. Bud Grant had exposure to this under Paul Brown in WW 2.

Bud had players actually practice standing at attention for the national anthem. It’s all about the unit being more important than the individual. You want it to be about the individual, join the NBA Where concepts like team and defense are a joke. That’s why David Stern hated the Spurs. Who cared that they won 4 titles, they weren’t star driven with Lebron.

I wish the Wilfs would spit in their hands, shake on an agreement with the new GM and insist they each drink a little of each other's blood while swearing a binding oath of allegiance that results in the immediate death of each one's first born upon breach of aforementioned oath. Its the only way I'll be satisfied.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I wish the Wilfs would spit in their hands, shake on an agreement with the new GM and insist they each drink a little of each other's blood while swearing a binding oath of allegiance that results in the immediate death of each one's first born upon breach of aforementioned oath. Its the only way I'll be satisfied.
Same.