Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Walsh
I agree. Take a look at Catherine Raiche‘s experience. If a man had such little qualifications, the interview would be seen as a joke. Same with the guy from Cleveland who never played football. I’m all for minorities like Brandon Brown, Will Mcclay and Adrian Wilson getting an interview.  But interviewing “out of the box” candidates who would be laughed at if they were a white male is a joke and detrimental to the organization.

Your ignorance is truly breathtaking. The bulk of the candidates did play college ball.

Except of course the black basketball player and the woman.

You're so fucking transparent.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Your ignorance is truly breathtaking. The bulk of the candidates did play college ball.

I believe this is referred to as "Rectumitis"...

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

Those are the 2 who have no business being interviewed. All the other minorities on their list are very qualified. As are Will McClay, Adrian Wilson, and former GM Jerry Reese. Former Viking personnel director Frank Gilliam was a minority and terrific. You’re the one who is transparent with your lefty views watering down the criteria

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Those are the 2 who have no business being interviewed. All the other minorities on their list are very qualified. As are Will McClay, Adrian Wilson, and former GM Jerry Reese. Former Viking personnel director Frank Gilliam was a minority and terrific. You’re the one who is transparent with your lefty views watering down the criteria
I'd say the front offices of their current employers would disagree with you. 

As far as Catherine Raiche is concerned, she has a law degree and experience with more than one league. She also has a masters degree in taxation. Her background is diverse. She worked her way up the ranks. Multiple leagues found plenty of substance to her experience and qualifications. Also does everyone that is not on the football field have to have played football? That seems quite limiting. A diversity of qualifications is going to bring different methods and viewpoints which is important at this time. 

A law degree or MBA has nothing to do with being a GM. You want someone like the great Ron Wolf who had experience in scouting. If a man with Raîche’s background was interviewed it would be a joke. This is political correctness at its worst.

Rob Brzezinski has a Bachelors degree in Education and a law degree. He has carved out quite a career for himself. I think it's important to get a mixture of perspectives and personalities. It is important to understand business, finance, talent acquisition, process and evaluation of players, legal, strategic planning and a multitude of other components. It is much more in depth than it used to be. 

That’s why he’s a cap guy and not in charge of football operations.

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
That’s why he’s a cap guy and not in charge of football operations.
My point is more about how the diversity of background can work in favor of the individual. I get that you have a narrow perspective on who should be working where.