Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Walsh
The great Bill Walsh and Brian Billick wrote a book about how to form a winning NFL Organization. It’s imperative that a coach and GM have played football at least at a collegiate level.  Without that experience you cannot relate to players and understand what it takes. Also the most important attribute is ability to identify talent. Like Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson.

Some of the clowns on the interview list is an insult to the many hard working people throughout the league who have legitimately earned a shot.

If the Wilfs want to engage in an affirmative action festival they can join the DNC.

[Image: R.531f59d99ecd1fc0022eb2cd87939a0a?rik=d...ImgRaw&r=0]

Lee, might I suggest the Vikings Horn board?

They're a bunch of racist, right wing, horse dewormer guzzling, piss sipping, ammosexual, big lie, Confederate flag waving nut jobs over there.

You'd fit right in.

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
The great Bill Walsh and Brian Billick wrote a book about how to form a winnning NFL Organization. It’s imperative that a coach and GM have played football at least at a collegiate level.  Without that experience you cannot relate to players and understand what it takes. Also the most important attribute is ability to identify talent. Like Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson.

Some of the clowns on the interview list is an insult to the many hard working people throughout the league who have legitimately earned a shot.

If the Wilfs want to engage in an affirmative action festival they can join the DNC.
How many times do you type "Ni" and then rationality takes over and you delete?  

Every post, people care less and less about your opinion

It's "winning" with 2 n's, not 3, fucking clown

I want the best, not like you who want to inject your left leaning politics.

Lord have mercy. There is a degree of consideration for those that paved the way but it's also important to consider innovative ideas and the game of football as it is now. Certain approaches worked 20+ years ago that don't work now. Diversity of backgrounds and experiences is beneficial in the process. The game and the world has changed. Players involvement in the world has changed. The approach to drafting and building an organization has changed. Adapt or die. It's not just about what the talking heads consider a hot name. If anything, staying away from flashy is good. I don't want style over substance. 

I want the best, not like you who want to inject your left leaning politics.
Not sure what politics has to do with any of this but the Vikings are interviewing 12 GMs and haven't even announced any coaches yet. Surely at least 1 of the dozen is someone you could support?
Also there's plenty of front offices and sidelines that aren't full of ex-players. There are also many that are. If the Vikings win football games I could care less if the GM played college ball back in the day.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

They're a bunch of racist, right wing, horse dewormer guzzling, piss sipping, ammosexual, big lie, Confederate flag waving nut jobs over there.

You'd fit right in.
I suggest you spend more time following the NBA where you’re lefty views will fit right in.  You have no idea what the demographics of season ticket holders are. Clue, it’s not the Minneapolis crowd. It’s people who live out state and in the suburbs.

@JustinTime18™ said:

You'd fit right in.
I suggest you spend more time following the NBA where you’re lefty views will fit right in.  You have no idea what the demographics of season ticket holders are. Clue, it’s not the Minneapolis crowd. It’s people who live out state and in the suburbs.

Lee, I agree with you that skin color shouldn't matter.
It shouldn't matter in GM searches.  It shouldn't matter in ticket holders.  Skin color is pigment passed down by our ancestors based on our proximity to the equator and ultimately the amount of sun that we were exposed to.  It DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.  People are people.  We shouldn't be judging anyone of any race, religion or creed differently. 

Pick the best most qualified people regardless of all this other BS.
If I read right there's even a woman in our GM interview excel sheet?

The great Bill Walsh and Brian Billick wrote a book about how to form a winning NFL Organization. It’s imperative that a coach and GM have played football at least at a collegiate level.  Without that experience you cannot relate to players and understand what it takes. Also the most important attribute is ability to identify talent. Like Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson.

Times are changing and there are a bunch of smart people in the world.  I do think prior playing experience helps a HC, but not as much as it did in the past. I don't necessarily buy into the fact that your GM needs to have played football at the collegiate level.

From what I've heard, the list of GM candidates we are interviewing has top shelf talent and isn't necessarily who the media is pumping up. 

It's a diverse group which shows a) the Wilfs know what they are doing (or are getting good advice from someone) and b) aren't boxing themselves into one type of candidate.  It also shows that top candidates want to come here or they wouldn't have accepted the interview request.  I have no issues with how our GM search is being conducted.