Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know who I DON'T want....
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I'm still trying to figure out where this Lane Kiffin talk came from.
I think people are throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. I don't think there is any substance to this one. 
It's weird as I've been seeing more and more of this talk on Twitter. I'm sure there's lots of BS coming out at this time, like draft season....but that kinda came out of left field.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Same place the Coach Prime to Florida State and Jim Harbaugh to NFL talk came from.... agents drumming up leverage
I am guessing this is a holdover from the contract maneuvers last year.
In December, Kiffen was on a one year deal and losing assistants with the college coaching shake ups. With the culmination of a good season (10-2 and second in SEC West) he had all the leverage (like Harbaugh) and Ole Miss quickly caved in and he got an extention in December that will keep him till 2025 on a 7.5 mil salary and 3.5 mil for assistant. The contract has the following incentives: 
  1. $150,000 for each SEC win after the fifth, 
  2. $150,000 for an appearance in the SEC title game, 
  3. $400,000 to win the SEC title game and 
  4. $1 million to win the national championship.
We can comfortably rule him out for the Vikings because the Wilfs have to pay the remainder of Spielman and Zimmer's contracts still. Adding a buyout to that plus a new coach's salary is not what they would do.

Flores sounds like just another broken branch of the Bill Belichick coaching tree.  All control freaks, angry, demanding, alienating, wash out of the job sooner or later.  Surprised Joe Judge isn't' toast.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c...41207.html

@PurpleCrush said:
I think people are throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. I don't think there is any substance to this one. 
His agent trying to get him back into the NFL.  Doing a good job stirring buzz but Lane ain't getting the Vikings job.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@Vikergirl said:
@PurpleCrush said:
It's weird as I've been seeing more and more of this talk on Twitter. I'm sure there's lots of BS coming out at this time, like draft season....but that kinda came out of left field.
I am seeing his name thrown around. He has his share of issues. I don't think he is a good fit here.

@PurpleCrush said:
@Vikergirl said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I am seeing his name thrown around. He has his share of issues. I don't think he is a good fit here.
Same. He's a good offensive mind, but that baggage ain't helping his case.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Flores sounds like just another broken branch of the Bill Belichick coaching tree.  All control freaks, angry, demanding, alienating, wash out of the job sooner or later.  Surprised Joe Judge isn't' toast.
Some of the comments about Flores reminds me of some of the recent comments about Zimmer.

Flores clashed with Tua and Greer.

Not exactly into self preservation...

Guess I spoke too soon about Joe Judge.   

@comet52 said:
Guess I spoke too soon about Joe Judge.   
You didn't want to rush to judge-ment