Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our GM Search and more...
Couldn't think of two worse hiring candidates than Birk and Dungy. 

Hopefully we see some interview requests reported today/tomorrow. 

Quote: @betaman88 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@betaman88 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Matt Birk is way too Non PC to be GM. You think the Vikes had a mess with Covid this year? It would be twice as bad with Birk as GM
What makes you think this?
You ever heard him on KFan?  The dude just says what he thinks and sometimes that isn't whats popular.  I respect it,  but brutal honesty isn't appreciated by most.
Yea Jimmy, thanks for being a dick! This is the exact kind of interaction that makes this community thrive.
How is my response being a dick?  You asked a question and I answered it without making it personal in any way towards you.  If anything in our exchange would make a person feel unwelcome on this board it would be your name calling response to my post,  not the other way around.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@betaman88 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@betaman88 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Matt Birk is way too Non PC to be GM. You think the Vikes had a mess with Covid this year? It would be twice as bad with Birk as GM
You ever heard him on KFan?  The dude just says what he thinks and sometimes that isn't whats popular.  I respect it,  but brutal honesty isn't appreciated by most.
Yea Jimmy, thanks for being a dick! This is the exact kind of interaction that makes this community thrive.
How is my response being a dick?  You asked a question and I answered it without making it personal in any way towards you.  If anything in our exchange would make a person feel unwelcome on this board it would be your name calling response to my post,  not the other way around.

Sounds reasonable...

@JimmyinSD said:
@betaman88 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Did you forget your meds?

The long intro can be skipped if you like; the list is pretty comprehensive:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/12/31/future...17-preview

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@betaman88 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@betaman88 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
My apologies Jimmy...I was watching the championship game and read your response incorrectly from my phone. I read it wrong. My bad!

@JimmyinSD said:
@betaman88 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@betaman88 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
My apologies Jimmy...I was watching the championship game and read your response incorrectly from my phone. I read it wrong. My bad!
All good,  it happens.

Quote: @StickyBun said:

Just curious, but why would he be worse then any of these never done anythings that have been mentioned?

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

Just curious, but why would he be worse then any of these never done anythings that have been mentioned?
Birk has zero coaching experience, why would he even be considered?? Tony Dungy is 66 years old and last coached 13 years ago. I mean, its kind of self evident. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

Birk has zero coaching experience, why would he even be considered?? Tony Dungy is 66 years old and last coached 13 years ago. I mean, its kind of self evident. 
I agree on Birk but talking Dungy specifically. He may be 66 but still very sharp and heavily involved in the league and what goes on. He knows how to rebuild rosters having done it in both Tampa Bay and Indy. 

I don't know, I'd take Dungy over the Rex Hogan's of the world. And I'm talking specifically about the GM position, not the head coach gig