Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Drew Lock Be Fixed?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
Please no. He's god-awful. The difference between when Teddy was playing and Lock was remarkable. This "...he's so freaking inconsistent. Some of the throws are truly WTF was he thinking. But then you see it all come together for a few moments..." almost never gets fixed. 

One look at Lock and every Kirk hater in the world would be worshipping at his altar, begging forgiveness.  
Not banging the table for lock,  but Kirk has his share of WTF throws for a guy making more bank and having as much experience as he does.  Hell every QB out there makes throws that has their fans pulling their hair out.  The real determination of greatness is do those throws lessen with experience while still being able to make the great plays with their arm.
Yes, they probably do lessen over time. But the more important question is does your team's leadership have the patience to endure so many critical mistakes? There have been dozens of QBs like this over the years. They can look fantastic at times, but that boneheaded error is always there with them, just waiting. Jake Locker. Trubisky is like that. Jameis Winston, among others. It's a coach killer. 

There are opposite examples. I think John Elway and Rich Gannon were like this early on in their careers. Both eventually found themselves on very, very good teams and their mistakes became less critical...and then they stopped making so many. So I guess there are examples of QBs who've overcome it. But having all that come together is just so rare and not something you could count on...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Please no. He's god-awful. The difference between when Teddy was playing and Lock was remarkable. This "...he's so freaking inconsistent. Some of the throws are truly WTF was he thinking. But then you see it all come together for a few moments..." almost never gets fixed. 

One look at Lock and every Kirk hater in the world would be worshipping at his altar, begging forgiveness.  
Said every woman with a bad man.

"I can fix him"

I see a bigger, more athletic Favre. 

Let's say this pans out. Let's say he sucks rocks. Mond sucks rocks. We go 2-15. Cousins hits his escalators in Denver. We're sitting pretty in 2023. 

Play like Dung for Young.

But, if Roman can fix him. You've got a year of cap freedom to send Dodd shopping to fix the iOL and the D. 

I've seen worse ideas. I've seen more farfetched ideas.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

Not banging the table for lock,  but Kirk has his share of WTF throws for a guy making more bank and having as much experience as he does.  Hell every QB out there makes throws that has their fans pulling their hair out.  The real determination of greatness is do those throws lessen with experience while still being able to make the great plays with their arm.
Yes, they probably do lessen over time. But the more important question is does your team's leadership have the patience to endure so many critical mistakes? There have been dozens of QBs like this over the years. They can look fantastic at times, but that boneheaded error is always there with them, just waiting. Jake Locker. Trubisky is like that. Jameis Winston, among others. It's a coach killer. 

There are opposite examples. I think John Elway and Rich Gannon were like this early on in their careers. Both eventually found themselves on very, very good teams and their mistakes became less critical...and then they stopped making so many. So I guess there are examples of QBs who've overcome it. But having all that come together is just so rare and not something you could count on...
I think, to a lesser extent, you can add Wentz to the Elway/Gannon list. Watched a bunch of Eagles games and Wentz looks like a new man. Not #2 overall new, but definitely far better than his last years in Philly.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

I think, to a lesser extent, you can add Wentz to the Elway/Gannon list. Watched a bunch of Eagles games and Wentz looks like a new man. Not #2 overall new, but definitely far better than his last years in Philly.
I think Wentz is more of an example of someone who had huge upside but then the injuries started stacking up and he has never been the same and IMO will never be what he could have been.  He has looked solid this year but nothing great - IMO.  I think he will be the reason the Colts don't last that long in the playoffs..but he helped get them there so there is that.

Elway and Gannon are in a different category IMO.

Fixed, like a pet, spay/neuter stuff?  Yeah, maybe.   But I don't think his shitty football play earns him something that drastic.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

I think Wentz is more of an example of someone who had huge upside but then the injuries started stacking up and he has never been the same and IMO will never be what he could have been.  He has looked solid this year but nothing great - IMO.  I think he will be the reason the Colts don't last that long in the playoffs..but he helped get them there so there is that.

Elway and Gannon are in a different category IMO.
I was wrong, Wentz couldn't help get them there.  

I think the issue with Lock is he doesn't have what you need between the ears. 

I don’t think so. But a healthy Baker Mayfield maybe can. But we would need someone who can do that.  Leftwich?

Can Drew Lock be fixed? Come on Barr...  are we really asking this?  Lol
He has a shitload of talent around him in Denver and couldn't win the starting job or do much of note when he got an opportunity to play...  he's a bust.  There is nothing there worth wasting time on.

I rip on Kirk about having the personality of a Nickelodeon dad...  Drew Lock would be his obnoxious nerdy Nickelodeon son that everyone can't stand.

No thanks...  

Oh, it's a reach...

[Image: 4ppcn6gp95h3.gif]