Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last game of the Mike Zimmer era in Minnesota?
He's 67 with a model girlfriend, a ranch and 8 digits in the bank.  Boo-friggen-hoo.  

And after the last 2 years I wouldn't hire him as a DC either.  I think he's been exposed and doesn't have a countermove.

Mike's earned his retirement...I dont get the personal vitriol with the guy. He's been far from perfect, but is also the 3rd winningest coach in Vikings history. 
If the Wilfs do show him the door, it should be with reverence and gratitude for serving Viking nation well.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Mike's earned his retirement...I dont get the personal vitriol with the guy. He's been far from perfect, but is also the 3rd winningest coach in Vikings history. 
If the Wilfs do show him the door, it should be with reverence and gratitude for serving Viking nation well.
I'll wish him well and appreciate the efforts, but we need to do better. All the national media is saying Z is done, it would be nice if he got a nice round of applause at U.S. Bank stadium but not sure how the fans feel. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

I'll wish him well and appreciate the efforts, but we need to do better. All the national media is saying Z is done, it would be nice if he got a nice round of applause at U.S. Bank stadium but not sure how the fans feel. 
No doubt about that....

Us fans in their 50/60 range? Who've been rooting for the team since as far back as the SB era teams? Know this better than anyone. 

[Image: hucdhxvatt58.jpeg]

Soak it in.

As I read this, all I can think of is Cersei dismissing Ser Barristan Selmy in GOT.

@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

No doubt about that....

Us fans in their 50/60 range? Who've been rooting for the team since as far back as the SB era teams? Know this better than anyone. 
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

No doubt about that....

Every job in the NFL is extremely difficult and 99% of the population cannot do.  HC is no different.  Zimmer was an average overall HC but a top DC.  I was all for his hiring and giving him the shot that paid off quickly with the Defense improvement.  But he was never really able to do more than that it it only last 4 or 5 years - IMO.  I wish him well but I do want to move on and have for a few years.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
As I read this, all I can think of is Cersei dismissing Ser Barristan Selmy in GOT.

'House of the Dragon' (no premiere date, HBO) - Matt Smith ('Doctor Who,' 'The Crown') is part of the ensemble in this 'Game of Thrones' prequel, set 200 years before the flagship series, based on George R.R. Martin's book 'Fire & Blood.' The series follows a battle for power (what else?) during the Targaryen dynasty, so yes, there will be dragons, and yes, there will be blood.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

No doubt about that....

@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

No doubt about that....

Every job in the NFL is extremely difficult and 99% of the population cannot do.  HC is no different.  Zimmer was an average overall HC but a top DC.  I was all for his hiring and giving him the shot that paid off quickly with the Defense improvement.  But he was never really able to do more than that it it only last 4 or 5 years - IMO.  I wish him well but I do want to move on and have for a few years.

Really? How do you know that? I respectfully disagree. There are many aspects to coaching. X's & O's, game planning, plays, setting up plays, teaching, and it's a game of emotion and motivation is key. Also, press conferences and public relations. And even if I did forget something it is no doubt a demanding job but saying 99% of the population can't do it is a slap in the face of many who can do it but will never get the chance.

[Image: o4g4zlyqlvrg.jpeg]

He's aged. A bit.