Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to take 'Sauce' Gardner: CBSSports Mock
I know this will make somebody happy.  :p. But honestly, if you think Minnesota is going to do something splashy or take a QB with their #1 pick, etc.....I'd prepare to be disappointed. They are going to grab a corner most likely. It will be a 'boring' draft for the purple.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...al-caller/

[Image: slws07cbcccj.jpeg]

Works for me.

For CBS, that wasn't a vomit inducing mock.

They really dont have a choice but to prioritize improving D next off-season. DL and DB both. 

They brought Zimmer here cause Rogers was taking their lunch $ every Sunday. He aint going anywhere till retirement. 

I'd love to see em nab another WR with AT getting long in the tooth and a S maybe too. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
They are the absolute worst with mock drafts...Walter Football is a close second. I'm good with Sauce though

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
They really dont have a choice but to prioritize improving D next off-season. DL and DB both. 

They brought Zimmer here cause Rogers was taking their lunch $ every Sunday. He aint going anywhere till retirement. 

I'd love to see em nab another WR with AT getting long in the tooth and a S maybe too. 
WR is a ways down the needs list IMO,  unless a complete stud falls in their lap,  KJ stepped up quite a bit this year and should only improve with another strong offseason,  AT should be moved, but likely wont, you have the iowa kid that should improve as well,  with ISjr returning next year we should have some nice receiver options already in house.  Now if they lose Conklin to FA,  I would like to see the make an effort to nab a top tier (day 2 ) tight end as insurance against ISjr not being full speed on his return.  but IMO this draft/free agency really needs to be about fixing our interior OL and making sure we find some real run stopping DTs that are athletic enough to provide some interior push in a pass rush.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
They are the absolute worst with mock drafts...Walter Football is a close second. I'm good with Sauce though
Walter. Sigh. Thought I'd check in to see if ol' Walt ever redesigned his website. Nope. Still the same slow, disorganized, pile of ugly it was when he started. But like I've said in the past, in some ways you have to hand it to the guy. He wanted to be a scout, so he called himself one, wrote a few evals and built a site. He gets clicks, ads and he probably pays the mortgage. 

CB and EDGE, BPA at #1, hopefully get the other with value with #2

A young shutdown like corner opposite Peterson and a DE with pass rushing capabilities across from Hunter would have won 3-4 more games for this team this year.  It will only take a couple of pieces to step in and elevate this defense.  Think a couple more 3rd down stops before the end of the half, more impact players shutting down end of game drives in Az, Cincy, Balt, Det and vs Dallas.

I would love Sauce to be able to matchup with Adams, his size and length takes away a lot of those back shoulder type plays, many that killed us in last SNF's game.

Give me the Sauce day 1, with Harbaugh coaching him up, he could be Richard Sherman 2.0

[Image: t0uo77urpo7v.jpeg]

I’ve been on “the Sauce” this entire fucking miserable season…
Wink 

Vikings and their first round CB's is like the Lions and their WR's used to be. It's damn near a lock