Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting through the rubble...
There is a line in a play called The Caretaker by Harold Pinter. The father says to his boxer son Teddy, that I keep thinking about regarding the Vikings, “the problem with you is you’ve got no offense and you’ve got no defense.  As soon as you get those, you’ll go straight to the top!”

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
I think this pretty much nails the issues...Losing Hunter for a full season again (in retrospect) was pretty devastating to the D and especially the secondary
Our defense was getting torched when Hunter was healthy and playing.

The Packers, last night, played with 5 starters missing last night.  One of the best LT and another OL, a top CB, LB and I think DL.  

The injury excuse, most of the time, is nothing but a team that lacks depth, good coaching, and player development.  

The Packers have been fortunate to have 30 yrs of HOF QB'ing but they also seem to have found a really good HC a few years ago. 

Hope we can do the same this offseason.  
True but they had their full compliment of receivers and Rodgers.   I am not saying the Vikings win last night if Cousins and Theilen play but I am pretty sure they don't go 3 and out 6 straight possessions and only ONE first down until the last FG drive at the end of the half.  Mannion is absolutely awful and has NO place on an NFL Roster.   Kyle Sloter was a better option why was he not dressed?   At least the kid has some game in him.  
Actually, they have been without Randall Cobb the last month.  He will also be back for the playoffs.  They lost their best TE 2 months ago Tonyan to an ACL and he is done until next year.  Like I said, it seems like GB has good depth, good coaching of schemes, and players that can step in and hold their own and not embarrass.  GB has had a lot of starters miss starts due to injury but you wouldn't know it from their record.  

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
There is a line in a play called The Caretaker by Harold Pinter. The father says to his boxer son Teddy, that I keep thinking about regarding the Vikings, “the problem with you is you’ve got no offense and you’ve got no defense.  As soon as you get those, you’ll go straight to the top!”
I sure wish that were true. But in the Vikings case, the field goal kicker would miss to lose the NFC championship game after not missing a kick all year!

the titans have had more injuries than any team. Look at their record.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Thats a nice quote. Unfortunately, the one I’m presently thinking of is in “Touch of Evil” when Marlene Dietrich (Tanya) says to Orson Wells (Quinlan), “Your future’s all used up.”

Quote: @BStads said:
@Caactorvike said:
Thats a nice quote. Unfortunately, the one I’m presently thinking of is in “Touch of Evil” when Marlene Dietrich (Tanya) says to Orson Wells (Quinlan), “Your future’s all used up.”

ha! Great movie too!

[Image: jl9mdpgr0bne.jpeg]
Viking Burial Site…