Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMO Zim has already been told
By the Wilfs he is gone, hence his press conference demeanor. 

They wanted to give him the dignity of playing the final game while quietly allowing both parties to make alternate plans behind the scenes.

JMO - the final game's outcome should have no bearing on the decision either way, it's the 8 year book of work that doomed him.

I hope Rick is gone too. 

I buy into the theory that they told him a few weeks ago before the presser where it looked like he just got done crying.  I think it was "make the playoffs or you are done."

....or not told. Silence is just as damning as words. The fact that there hasn't been a public endorsement likely means he's gone. He knows it, everyone knows it, they're just waiting for the season to end. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
....or not told. Silence is just as damning as words. The fact that there hasn't been a public endorsement likely means he's gone. He knows it, everyone knows it, they're just waiting for the season to end. 
Yeah, I don't think he knows officially yet. 

Zimmers defense after the Packers game: 31st in total yards allowed, and 28th against the run....despite a complete overhaul this offseason and numerous resources spent on the secondary. It's year 8...does anymore really need to be said?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Zimmers defense after the Packers game: 31st in total yards allowed, and 28th against the run....despite a complete overhaul this offseason and numerous resources spent on the secondary. It's year 8...does anymore really need to be said?
Yup @MB....See my thread "silence is deafening"
@Supa --- 
From the Strib:

If Sunday night was the final time Rodgers and Zimmer will face off, the Packers quarterback closed their 15-matchup stretch with the kinds of numbers he used to enjoy against the Vikings before Zimmer came to town. Rodgers, who completed 29 of his 38 passes for 288 yards and two touchdowns, posted a passer rating above 100 for the fourth consecutive game against the Vikings — only the second time he's done that in his career — and threw two touchdown passes to finish the season with six TDs against Minnesota.
In the past two seasons, he's thrown 13 touchdown passes without an interception against the Vikings. He'd never had two consecutive seasons when he'd been healthy for both games against the Vikings and gone without an interception.
The Vikings won two of those games: Dalvin Cook became the first person in Lambeau Field history with 200 yards from scrimmage (226, 163 rushing and 63 receiving) and four TDs in a 28-22 victory last year, and earlier this year, Justin Jefferson set what was then a career high in yards (169) while posting his only two-TD game of the season as the Vikings won 34-31 on a last-second field goal. On Sunday night, though, they had no exemplary offensive performance to answer the Packers quarterback, and no answer for some of the throws he made to wide receiver Davante Adams.

I think there’s a solid chance that he’d retire even if not
forced out.  Why work at a place where
the fanbase hates you and the team is cursed and you have fluke issues all the
time, when you could take a year off, regain some sanity, and try another team.

Not taking sides here, but I'm starting to wonder if the Wilfs are debating whether to let Zim/maybe Spielman go or Cousins. Maybe Zim's going to throw Kirk under the bus to try and save his own Hyde.

[Image: 270320417_5097281173635816_4329749068117...e=61D9F4C5][Image: 271236778_5099747620055838_8421707055508...e=61D9A79E]

Quote: @medaille said:

I'd say he has about five million reasons to want to stay. I don't think at his age and with his record, he gets another HC job. You can give him a pass for last year. This year though, that's on him.

Quote: @medaille said:
I tend to think this as well - time to retire. If he doesnt, I think the only team he would work with would be the Bengals again (but do they even want or need him at this point). No way he's selling his ranch he built, and Cinci is very close to his ranch from what Ive heard. Maybe Dallas - and only because he's an alumni of the Cowboys last SB win, and I think some of his kids live in Texas.