Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierce out

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLUEedVWusZRzO23FQabr...A&usqp=CAU]

Good, we aren't making the playoffs anyway...and by even the slim chance we did, we are one and done. Better to lose these last two games and reboot for next year. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Good, we aren't making the playoffs anyway...and by even the slim chance we did, we are one and done. Better to lose these last two games and reboot for next year. 
That is exactly where I am at. I read that he was out and I laughed. Not at his health but at the epic shit show that is this season.

I'm trying really hard not to hold him sitting out the Covid year against him, because I get why he did.  That being said, this year has been pretty terrible.  If we designate him a post 6/1 cut we save $8.5 million against the cap in 2022 and just have 2 mil dead in 22 and 23.  Can he be a good player?  Yep, seems like it if he can stay on the field.  I think we just cut ties though and mark this one a loss.  Get someone new in and move forward.  Same with Tomlinson. we brought these "big guys" in to fix the run game and that sure as heck hasn't happened.  

Quote: @El_Padre said:
I'm trying really hard not to hold him sitting out the Covid year against him, because I get why he did.  That being said, this year has been pretty terrible.  If we designate him a post 6/1 cut we save $8.5 million against the cap in 2022 and just have 2 mil dead in 22 and 23.  Can he be a good player?  Yep, seems like it if he can stay on the field.  I think we just cut ties though and mark this one a loss.  Get someone new in and move forward.  Same with Tomlinson. we brought these "big guys" in to fix the run game and that sure as heck hasn't happened.  
He made his choice but I think both Tomlinson and Pierce need to be moved on from.

[Image: g89ltzsmeq0l.gif]

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@El_Padre said:
He made his choice but I think both Tomlinson and Pierce need to be moved on from.
I like Pierce when healthy, but I think the Tomlinson signing was a mistake thinking he could transition to a 3- technique and be effective. He's been a complete non factor all year and outplayed by Watts, who was basically an afterthought coming into the season. I don't know. I'm sure there will be more defensive line reshuffling before next season. We've got some interesting young players in Wonnum, Patrick Jones, Twyman, Watts, and Robinson. Will be interesting to see if any of them make the full time impact we are looking for and need. 

I hope he is doing well health-wise.  I believe he has asthma and a breakthrough case of Covid could be dangerous.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
I hope he is doing well health-wise.  I believe he has asthma and a breakthrough case of Covid could be dangerous.

Same here. It said illness not COVID. Hoping for the best for him.