Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can he become more of a factor this year???
Vikings wide receiver Jalen Reagor was in for just two snaps Sunday, but he made them count.In Minnesota’s 27-22 win over the New York Jets at U.S. Bank Stadium, Reagor had a 38-yard catch and an eight-yard run. He called the reception business as usual.
“Personally, that’s what I do,” he said. “That’s what I’m here to do. So, that’s a routine play for me. Been doing it all my life. So, it was good for the team, good for the drive and another spark for the offense.”
Acquired Aug. 31 from Philadelphia, Reagor has been Minnesota’s primary punt returner but has played just 40 snaps from scrimmage in 12 games. Asked if he’d like to play more, Reagor said, “Of course. Everybody does.”

“Everybody wants their number called,” he added. “But when they do call my number, I’m going to make the play every time.”
Head coach Kevin O’Connell said Reagor’s late start with the Vikings has played a role in his limited snaps from scrimmage but that he expects him to be a “factor” down the stretch.
“We’ll continue to find ways to get him on the field,” O’Connell said. “I think he’s earned that opportunity. I’m really proud of where Jalen’s at and hopefully where he’s headed.”
https://www.twincities.com/2022/12/05/vikings-jalen-reagor-when-they-do-call-my-number-im-going-to-make-the-play-every-time/

I hope so. Could open up the offense quite a bit.

I feel like we should have seen a handful of deep targets to Reagor by now.  There's got to be a way for him to hide behind the other guys and just run faster than whatever 5th best defensive back would be covering him.

Quote: @medaille said:
I feel like we should have seen a handful of deep targets to Reagor by now.  There's got to be a way for him to hide behind the other guys and just run faster than whatever 5th best defensive back would be covering him.
problem is getting KC to come off JJ and look to a 5th target,  and then getting the OL to block long enough for Reagor to get down the field for that deep shot,  but yes,  there is more in this offense than what we are seeing and working on some of that in those middle quarters where the O goes to shit might help come playoff time.