Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins & Zim combo needs to end
Quote: @pattersaur said:
Agree with OP. Kirk and Zim both need to go. Neither is terrible, but nor is either good enough to overcome the other’s weaknesses. 

Whatever the Vikings are doing, it’s not working. Time to try something else. 
Kirk isn't going anywhere. There's nothing in the pipeline, especially for a new coaching staff. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:
Agree with OP. Kirk and Zim both need to go. Neither is terrible, but nor is either good enough to overcome the other’s weaknesses. 

Kirk isn't going anywhere. There's nothing in the pipeline, especially for a new coaching staff. 
Is Kirk to blame for another historically bad D? The two worst two minute defense in the NFL since 2000? Really?

This fan base is just something else. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:

Is Kirk to blame for another historically bad D? The two worst two minute defense in the NFL since 2000? Really?

The historically bad defense yesterday gave the offense THREE turn overs. How many points did the offense score from those? Maybe ask JJ what he thinks about the offensive performance yesterday.

Also remember the special teams gave up a td. That was after the offensive line fell apart again. Take that away and the offense had 3 “bonus” opportunities to score handed to them by the “historically” bad defense. If the offense was efficient with the turnover opportunities this is a vikings win. We would not be waiting for the two min defense

The defense has been terrible no doubt but yesterday the offense and Cousins were the culprit. The defense for once gave the offense opportunity after opportunity and they sputtered everytime. The Rams even with 3 turnovers ran more total plays than us. Not to mention the meagre 66 rishing yards. Thats how putrid our offense was.

And then there was the terrible red zone int Cousins threw.

Quote: @mblack said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:

The historically bad defense yesterday gave the offense THREE turn overs. How many points did the offense score from those? Maybe ask JJ what he thinks about the offensive performance yesterday.

Also remember the special teams gave up a td. That was after the offensive line fell apart again. Take that away and the offense had 3 “bonus” opportunities to score handed to them by the “historically” bad defense.

The defense has been terrible no doubt but yesterday the offense and Cousins were the culprit. The defense for once gave the offense opportunity after opportunity and they sputtered everytime. 

You mean the throw Osborn had two hands on?

Lol.

@mblack said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:

Also remember the special teams gave up a td. That was after the offensive line fell apart again. Take that away and the offense had 3 “bonus” opportunities to score handed to them by the “historically” bad defense.

The defense has been terrible no doubt but yesterday the offense and Cousins were the culprit. The defense for once gave the offense opportunity after opportunity and they sputtered everytime. 

Lol.
Funny thats all you got from my post. 
Anyway, yes the pass that Osborn had two hands on.
It was terrible because it was disappointing and deflating to the team after a hard fought methodical drive. The announcers even said that. We really never got going after that till the second half.
Everything is not always about Cousins. I was speaking about the entire offense (Osborn included). So thank you for making my point.

Again, yesterdays loss was not on the defence. The offense was simply worse

Quote: @mblack said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@mblack said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:

Lol.
It was terrible because it deflated the team after a methodical drive. The announcers even said that. 
Everything is not always about Cousins. I was speaking about the entire offense (Osborn included). So thank you for making my point.

I agree the Red Zone offense needs to score TDs, but lets not leave out ST.  That punt return TD was huge in the Rams win.  Cook or no Cook, the offense has to win games when the D gives them 3 picks to work with.

[Image: 1cwd8kmnyvxy.jpeg]

Vikings fan base in a nutshell.

@mblack said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:

Lol.
No, I think he meant the long bomb that Osborn lost sight of...oops, different series.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@mblack said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@mblack said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:

Lol.
It was terrible because it deflated the team after a methodical drive. The announcers even said that. 

I agree the Red Zone offense needs to score TDs, but lets no leave out ST.  That punt return TD was huge in the Rams win.  Cook or no Cook, the offense has to win games when the D gives them 3 picks to work with.
And I also mentioned that in my post above. Yesterday’s loss was not on the defense (as poorly as they have been playing). The offense and special team lost the game.

If the Vikings move on from Kirk is it throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Yes maybe. 

But I still hope they do. Yes he’s an accuarate passer when given time. He’s darn good. But he’s also slow, doesn’t have great presnap reads/audibles, and is flat out bad at improvising when a play breaks down.

He’s a good QB who is not a fit on this team. Maybe with a new regime that will change but on a Spielman built team with a bad OL and a bad OC, you need a QB who can improv. That’s not Kirk.

JMO. I know many here disagree, which is fine.