Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen
I hate saying this because I love Thielen, but I think it’s time to really start considering finding his replacement. I thought the Vikes had more time but I’m not so sure anymore

It's time to start thinking about it that's for sure 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
I hate saying this because I love Thielen, but I think it’s time to really start considering finding his replacement. I thought the Vikes had more time but I’m not so sure anymore
why?  because he has been injured?  the man has 24 TDs in the last two seasons. If anything he deserves a better team. Let him go win a Super Bowl

Quote: @Skodin said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
why?  because he has been injured?  the man has 24 TDs in the last two seasons. If anything he deserves a better team. Let him go win a Super Bowl
Find value instead of hanging on too long. Definitely something to consider.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Skodin said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Find value instead of hanging on too long. Definitely something to consider.
This is where I’m at too. I have a feeling it’s trending in the wrong direction. Find a potential suitor with the need and get a decent return. Osborn has been a nice surprise so maybe he becomes the #2, but I think it’d be wise to consider moving on from Thielen

Thielen was the one guy gutting it out today and giving it his all, if the rest of the team played as hard we would have won this game.  Lost a lot of respect for him this year by not getting vexed, but I give him credit he has been bringing it every play.  Most guys would not tried playing today and would have stayed on the sidelines after limping off, but he kept getting himself back on the field.  He is not losing the #2 spot any time soon.  

I think they definitely have to think about adding another WR with #2 potential to play with JJ. But I do expect AT back another season, maybe 2? 

Quote: @JR44 said:
Thielen was the one guy gutting it out today and giving it his all, if the rest of the team played as hard we would have won this game.  Lost a lot of respect for him this year by not getting vexed, but I give him credit he has been bringing it every play.  Most guys would not tried playing today and would have stayed on the sidelines after limping off, but he kept getting himself back on the field.  He is not losing the #2 spot any time soon.  
He definitely brings it every game, but Jefferson had a nice game as well. Adam gets a lot of TD's but has missed a lot of playing time the last 3 years and with him being 32 next year I dont think it would be bad to consider evaluating him on the team. It doesnt have to be this offseason or next year, but if he misses multiple games in a row next year then that should be the deciding factor

We have a lot of other problems to solve before I even think about Thielen's progression planning.  Thielen is an expert route runner who is very QB friendly.  Watching the Browns horrible WR core last night combined with a youngish QB makes one realize that Thielen is a huge asset especially if we have a new QB.   

Quote: @JR44 said:
I am curious how you measured this. I saw a guy playing hard and frustrated he could not do more because of his injury. That does not say his team mates were not playing hard.