Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe there is hope for this new O-Line
If Bradbury & Cole can keep playing this well, and Darrisaw comes back - MIGHT finally have something.

https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/status...6962239490

I don't think they're there yet on the OL - again.

Steelers were way down on D yesterday, including their starting NT.

They still need to upgrade from Bradbury imo....

Cole may be more serviceable than Udoh @ OG.

Oli should be a swing/back-up guy. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
They still need to replace Bradbury imo....Cole may be more serviceable than Udoh @ OG. Oli should be a swing/back-up guy. 
Agree on Cole/Oli. I'd really wish Bradbury plays well down the stretch and shows he's a long term starter. It sucks when your 1st rounders don't pan out and you're left having to replace them.

We are 2nd in the league in least number of sacks allowed, Cousins has been pretty well protected and a lot of clean pockets, Cook is averaging almost 5 yards a carry, this OL has taken a lot of heat, but they have played very well this year.   

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@purplefaithful said:
They still need to replace Bradbury imo....Cole may be more serviceable than Udoh @ OG. Oli should be a swing/back-up guy. 
Agree on Cole/Oli. I'd really wish Bradbury plays well down the stretch and shows he's a long term starter. It sucks when your 1st rounders don't pan out and you're left having to replace them.
Big time sucks!  Bradbury was the 18th overall pick that year. 

You cant teach anchor imo. Thats the problem. He's always going to have problems with these big, athletic DT/NT's, that are so prevalent in the NFL these days. 

Watch all the problems he'll have in the 2 upcoming Bear games, Rams and Packers as well. 

Bradbury and Cole have now had two straight pretty solid games playing next to each other. Get Darrisaw back and leave those two at C and RG and Vikings might actually have something. Still don't think Bradbury gets his 5th year though. 

Typically, Bradbury's run grade is above average and his pass grade well below average, resulting in meh-to-average grades. Last night his pass pro grade was even higher than his run grade. OL is such a continuity/chemistry thing. Maybe the Brad/Cole combo in the middle is good for both of them. 

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/14...53028?s=20

Hopefully Darrisaw is back for MNF. 

Maybe PFF can do the grades for when the Steelers showed up which was around halfway into the 3rd quarter.  

mason cole has started six games this season (some at center, some at guard) and allowed fourteen pressures and no sacks for a 75.7 PFF grade.

he's also just 25 years old. I would extend him this offseason and keep him as the starting right guard with flexibility to play center