Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next 4 games will define the team....
I'm not saying they need to win them all or will. They are 7-1 and in a great place situationally currently for the playoffs. Some losses are coming for sure in some manner. A big road game against Buffalo and then 3 straight home games, two against the Cowboys and Jets. IMO, the Vikings are going to lose 2 in a row in some manner and we'll see how the team responds. I still stand by what I said a few weeks ago, the Vikings are going to need every win they can get when its all said and done. That's fine, no shame in that. We've seen the Vikings can take a punch and respond in kind. I've no concerns about the heart of this team. We are still seeing inconsistencies both offensively and defensively, so the need for improvement is there. But I'm enjoying the shit out of this ride.

Big Kirko.....lol. Love it.

[Image: kirk-cousins-2022-10-6-1.gif]

They have created a monsterSmile

WFT was a pretty tough opponent, they had just won their last 3 games, which included GB and holding the Bears to 7, a team that has scored 94 points in their last 3 games.  Their defense is legit and they were playing some really inspired football.  Team showed a lot by grinding out a tough road win, when they didn't play well and got some really bad breaks.  
I don't think the Jets or NE will be as tough of a game and they will both be at home, I expect us to win both.  Buffalo on the road with them coming off a loss is going to be a seriously tough game, we will need to finally put it all together and play a pretty flawless game to win that one. I think Dallas is beyond overrated as usual and think that could be the largest margin win in the 4 games.  

have no idea how many games this team will win or where they'll come from...Well, "I think I know" based on past history.

Teams like the Jets, road games @ Lamblow and Soldier Field haven't been kind to the team. 

Is this a new chapter? A new age for the Vikings? Or will the same olde branding rear its head at some point?

We'll find out over the next 3 years, not just this season. 

I am optimistic, but I dont want my feelings hurt lol! 

Let's give some credit to the Washington team.  They were a tough matchup for us with 3 very good DL and two of them being monsters in the middle.  On the road, hostile environment vs a team who had won 3 in a row, that was a good win.  I had this as our second toughest road game left, only behind the Bills game next week.  

From easiest to hardest:
vs Colts, at Detroit, vs Patriots, at Chicago, vs NYG, at Green Bay, vs Jets, vs Dallas, at Buffalo 
  • Colts are a bad team with a below average QB
  • Patriots have a good defense but a below average offense
  • NYG has a good record, well coached, but are one dimensional on offense
Split the New York games (favored to win both)
Split the Dallas & Buffalo back to back
2-1 vs the division (win at Detroit, at GB)
Beat the Colts and Patriots at US Bank

6-3, 13-4 overall.  #2 seed 

Quote: @Skodin said:
Let's give some credit to the Washington team.  They were a tough matchup for us with 3 very good DL and two of them being monsters in the middle.  On the road, hostile environment vs a team who had won 3 in a row, that was a good win.  I had this as our second toughest road game left, only behind the Bills game next week.  

From easiest to hardest:
vs Colts, at Detroit, vs Patriots, at Chicago, vs NYG, at Green Bay, vs Jets, vs Dallas, at Buffalo 

Seems reasonable. But let's look at Philly. They play Washington next. That won't be easy for them, even if they are at home. Then they get some cheesecake with the Colts and the Packers, but then have 4 straight that could be trouble: at home against the Titans, then three straight on the road against the Giants, Bears and Cowboys. 

Eagles just beat the Steelers and Texans, maybe the two worst teams in the NFL (outside of Wisconsin). They also squeaked out one-score victories against the Lions, Cards and Jags. 

@ Buffalo, @ Detroit, @ GB, @ Chicago....

Winning 2 of these seems most reasonable
Winning 3 would be fantastic

I'd say beating the Cowboys and Giants, along with winning the games we will be favored to win Colts, Patriots, and 2 vs our divisional opponents all but guarantees a #2 seed overall.

With that tie breaker and 12+ wins, we would hope that either Dallas or NY beats Philly for the division and has the same record as us to get the #1 seed. 

The two hardest divisions in the league this year are the AFC and NFC East, it sucks that's how our schedule unfolded this year but it shows we can play with anyone when it is all said and done.

I think they've already been defined. A gritty team that doesn't give up. If we take the eagles game out of the mix, this is a team that does whatever it takes to win. Defense, special teams, offense. Someone always steps up. The Philly game was week 2, on the road, young coach. I think if that game was week 9 instead of 2, we win it. At home instead of away, we win it. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:

From easiest to hardest:

Seems reasonable. But let's look at Philly. They play Washington next. That won't be easy for them, even if they are at home. Then they get some cheesecake with the Colts and the Packers, but then have 4 straight that could be trouble: at home against the Titans, then three straight on the road against the Giants, Bears and Cowboys. 

Eagles just beat the Steelers and Texans, maybe the two worst teams in the NFL (outside of Wisconsin). They also squeaked out one-score victories against the Lions, Cards and Jags. 
More on this...

https://twitter.com/Str8_Cash_Homey/stat...21377?s=20&t=4M8mBOWjHMAL5nJVFrUmOg