Peterson - Out

Still kicked butt.
Yes, these young players need to continue there development

Wonnum and Jones at DE
Bynum at S
Lynch/Dye at LB - Vigil as well
Watts, James Lynch and Willekes when he returns on the DL
Danztler at CB in place of PP.  

All those young players mentioned were drafted in the last 3 years in round 3 or later.  Awesome, but just one game starting a lot of snaps for most so we need to continue to look for progression.  Of that group obviously we have to find a way to keep Bynum on the field even when Harry is back.  Maybe big nickel etc...

Quote: @Chuckf said:
Hunter - Out 
Willekes - Out
H. Smith - Out
Barr - Out
Pierce - Out
Peterson - Out

Still kicked butt.
I was surprised at how well the defense played. I've always believed that one or two injuries don't really have much impact, but there's a tipping point on an offense or defense, probably around 4, where it really hurts you. 

Vikings had 6 starters out. On the road. Against a winning team. And handed Herbert the worst game of his season. 

Ewww.

The Vikings and five-time Pro Bowl safety Harrison Smith have agreed to a four-year, $64 million contract extension, as first reported by ESPN's Mike Golic Jr. Including the year remaining on Smith's previous contract, this is essentially a five-year deal worth just shy of $75 million.

He'll be 33 years old this offseason.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Ewww.

The Vikings and five-time Pro Bowl safety Harrison Smith have agreed to a four-year, $64 million contract extension, as first reported by ESPN's Mike Golic Jr. Including the year remaining on Smith's previous contract, this is essentially a five-year deal worth just shy of $75 million.

To add to the sting that this contract likely makes X Woods unsignable simce he is on track to get paid.

Silver lining is that Harry is still a very good safety but mostly Bynum looks like he will step in when X steps out. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Ewww.

Apparently, the Vikings can get out after next year for only $5M dead. I suspect they will, too, if they pay Woods in the spring and Bynum keeps showing out. I want to see more of Bynum even when Smith comes back. 

Harry should be a backup next year. The wheels started to come off last year, and he's on one axel this year.