Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray trade to Arizona
There has been some talk about the saints and other teams trading a RB to the Cards because of Johnson's injury.  Here is a link to the current Card's RB committee: http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardina...the-moment

My thought on this is would the Vikes consider trading Murray to the Cards (and bring back Asiata).  

Nobody is trading for Murray. He's just a guy. The Cardinals have already committed to someone else. Murray isn't going to sniff many snaps in Minnesota because what does he do well? Not much. Speaks volumes that Cook, although an excellent rookie, can beat out a vet like Murray. 

Spielman either hits it out of the park or fails in epic fashion with his draft picks and FA signings.

so far, he puts it on the carpet on 50% of his carry's

I would say he is a step above "a guy" -- rushed for 1,066 yards and six touchdowns in 2015 and 788 yards and 12 touchdowns last year. He also caught a combined 74 passes for 496 yards over those seasons.  

Murray has value, but screw the cardinals.  We may end up needing Murray at some point and a 4th or 5th or 6th isn't worth losing a solid RB.

And is Asiata even available?  Thought he was on a roster.

Quote: @greediron said:
Murray has value, but screw the cardinals.  We may end up needing Murray at some point and a 4th or 5th or 6th isn't worth losing a solid RB.

And is Asiata even available?  Thought he was on a roster.

Asiata got cut by the Lions...

holy shit... 1 game in from a rookie and we are shopping our veteran back for peanuts in a year that some think we can actually make some noise?

anybody remember that little (very real) thing referred to as the rookie wall?  we are going to need more than Cook and McKinnon if we hope to play more than just 16 games this year.

I say unless somebody is willing to really over spend,  no way in hell does Murray get traded,  his running style will be needed. and he can take some snaps later in games to save some tread on the rookie when we are letting the air out of the ball.

No one's trading anything of value for Murray, I bet if the cards wanted to trade for AD they could get him for a late round pick.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
No one's trading anything of value for Murray, I bet if the cards wanted to trade for AD they could get him for a late round pick.
I would take Murray over AD at this point in their careers.  Murrays versatility will be much better in most offenses than what we've seen from AD in the last few years.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bolstad79 said:
I would take Murray over AD at this point in their careers.  Murrays versatility will be much better in most offenses than what we've seen from AD in the last few years.
And that's fine for you, if I was AZ and I just lost a guy for the season I would take AD over Murray because it's only for a season.