Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Bynum grade

We should probably go big nickel with this kid and get Alexander or Boyd off the field. 

I couldve seen a 2nd level scheme to contain Jackson letting Barr, Kendriks and Bynum play 1/3rds. Of course i know very little about front 7 stuff lol

I hope to see more of him, he looks like a playmaker and he plays with a lot of fire and confidence which is something this team desperately needs.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
I hope to see more of him, he looks like a playmaker and he plays with a lot of fire and confidence which is something this team desperately needs.  
I was thinking about this exact thing yesterday. Our “stars” just dont have fire. Remember Jeff Sieman, Scott Studwell, Joey Browner, Phat Pat, Brian Robison, JOHNNY RANDLE, Robert Griffith, Keith Millard, Cory Chavous 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@JR44 said:
I was thinking about this exact thing yesterday. Our “stars” just dont have fire. Remember Jeff Sieman, Scott Studwell, Joey Browner, Phat Pat, Brian Robison, JOHNNY RANDLE, Robert Griffith, Keith Millard, Cory Chavous 
Our "stars" on D are all old. Bynum definitely flies to the ball in a way that was clearly noticeable.

Quote: @Bullazin said:
We should probably go big nickel with this kid and get Alexander or Boyd off the field. 

I couldve seen a 2nd level scheme to contain Jackson letting Barr, Kendriks and Bynum play 1/3rds. Of course i know very little about front 7 stuff lol
I was begging for a big nickel look pre game,  but nope,  we got big slow instead.  An athletic spy at the LB level would have been helpful IMO,  but also hard to do when you are already down 1 starter at S.  I was wondering about HHand.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:

I was begging for a big nickel look pre game,  but nope,  we got big slow instead.  An athletic spy at the LB level would have been helpful IMO,  but also hard to do when you are already down 1 starter at S.  I was wondering about HHand.

I really like Harrison Hand...he has a lot of heart, but he's an overachiever. 

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:

I really like Harrison Hand...he has a lot of heart, but he's an overachiever. 

Hand has CB size and S speed.  Result: not quite starter material at either one.  Agree that getting Boyd off the field somehow is a good idea.  

Chazz Surrat is the big nickel guy.  Surprised he hasnt seen much action as he is super athletic and allegedly pretty smart (former QB). 

I am hoping with Kendricks, Bynum, Surrat, Woods, Dye we have some athletes for LB and S

Quote: @Skodin said:
Chazz Surrat is the big nickel guy.  Surprised he hasnt seen much action as he is super athletic and allegedly pretty smart (former QB). 

I am hoping with Kendricks, Bynum, Surrat, Woods, Dye we have some athletes for LB and S
He isn't seeing action because Zimmer doesn't like playing rookies on defense unless he has to. Surratt is definitely an athlete but I'm sure he's still learning the position. I didnt love the pick as I wanted Jabril Cox, but he has hardly played so who knows if he's better. Bynum was a good pick, I did like that one. I don't know what to think of Dye yet