Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Von Miller to the Rams ....
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@RS Express said:
Talk about going all-in.  The Rams now IIRC have no 1,2,or 3 next year and no 1 in 2023.  
Beat me to it...

On one hand it's exciting, aggressive and unconventional as hell on how to manage assets and draft picks

Otoh, it's truly all in and they'd better win it all now - cause the cupboard looks mighty baren in future years. 
Yes and it all starts when you are convinced you have the right QB.   Finding that guy allows for other risks because you have solidified the most important position.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@RS Express said:
Talk about going all-in.  The Rams now IIRC have no 1,2,or 3 next year and no 1 in 2023.  
Beat me to it...

On one hand it's exciting, aggressive and unconventional as hell on how to manage assets and draft picks

Otoh, it's truly all in and they'd better win it all now - cause the cupboard looks mighty baren in future years. 
Yes and it all starts when you are convinced you have the right QB.   Finding that guy allows for other risks because you have solidified the most important position.

If Matt Stafford can be "the guy" there's no reason Kirk can't be. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@RS Express said:
Beat me to it...

Disagree.  

But we seem to be stuck with Kirk even next year so we might find out under another HC.  

It begs the question of how good would this team be if they had Paton and Stefanski instead of Rick and Zim. 

@AGRforever said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@RS Express said:
Beat me to it...

Disagree.  

But we seem to be stuck with Kirk even next year so we might find out under another HC.  
i dont see what we would be stuck,  trade his ass for whatever and agree to pick up 15 million of the tab.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@minny65 said:
@AGRforever said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@RS Express said:
Beat me to it...

Disagree.  

i dont see what we would be stuck,  trade his ass for whatever and agree to pick up 15 million of the tab.
I'm all for that.  

Would love to see a new Offensive guru HC who can then bring in or groom "his" QB.

I think we should start a pasted thread on potential HC candidates otherwise we are going to have hundreds of disjointed threads the next couple months.  I will put together something and ask the moderators to leave on top page.

@AGRforever said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@RS Express said:
Beat me to it...

Disagree.  

Matt Stafford went #1 overall, Kirk went in the 4th round.  There was/is a clear talent differential there regardless of how their careers have played out.

The Rams OTOH haven't had a 1st round draft pick since 2016(!) and that was Jared freakin' Goff.   They clearly have gone the route of free agency and trades and are benefiting from having a really good, young coach.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
@minny65 said:
@AGRforever said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@RS Express said:
Beat me to it...

Disagree.  

Matt Stafford went #1 overall, Kirk went in the 4th round.  There was/is a clear talent differential there regardless of how their careers have played out.

The Rams OTOH haven't had a 1st round draft pick since 2016(!) and that was Jared freakin' Goff.   They clearly have gone the route of free agency and trades and are benefiting from having a really good, young coach.  
Yea and staying on the Rams their OC is a 36 year old former QB - Kevin O'Connell - we might want to take a looksee as the season progresses.  I posted a little more about him on the other thread - Head Coach candidates.

@comet52 said:
@minny65 said:
@AGRforever said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@RS Express said:
Beat me to it...

Disagree.  

Yea and staying on the Rams their OC is a 36 year old former QB - Kevin O'Connell - we might want to take a looksee as the season progresses.  I posted a little more about him on the other thread - Head Coach candidates.
Sean Mannion would have to be a hell of an OC based on how valuable he is in the QB room and how unremarkable his career has been.

Don't you sell  Sean short---he's  played alot of Madden 98.  It's just a little different in the huddle that has held him back.