Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Zim,
Your “team” is slow, soft, and has no heart.
Perhaps this is the result of nepotism

Signed,
An exhausted Vikings fan 1973-2021

Funny how the defense has never been good since George Edwards left. You know, since he made his son co-defendive coordinator. Guess where George Edwards is? Yep right… with the Cowboys as Senior Defensive assistant.
I remember his bread and butter used to be the following: technique, assignment and alignment. These are the same things plaguing us for a while now.
I know its not time to pile on but still I could not pass on this nugget

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:

Signed,
Nobody is going to convince me that (at the time) there weren't better options available @ OC and DC than then kids of Kubiak and Zimmer. 

That smacks of how you staff when Red McCombs is your owner. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Signed,
Nobody is going to convince me that (at the time) there weren't better options available @ OC and DC than then kids of Kubiak and Zimmer. 

.......maybe there isn't when you're on your last year with the team?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Signed,

Contractually he isnt though?

@AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Signed,

Contractually he isnt though?

You're correct, but the writing has been on the wall for awhile.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Signed,

I agree with AGR and, additionally, what young potential OC wants be forced to run a 1960s offense in a 2020s league?  Likewise, what up and comer wants to be DC in name only (other than your son)?

@Vanguard83 said:

Signed,

There were better options but Zimmer is stubborn and set in his ways. I still think he is holding the offense back. 

Definitely ready to move on from Zim and Kubes Jr. I have supported Zim for most of his tenure but no more. The Lions game was so bad, yet here we have now the Cowboys game that was utterly even worse. BTW, this team seems to lead the NFL in 2 very nefarious categories: Record after the bye week and record in prime time. How do you lay such an incredibly nasty ass egg against a guy who before Sunday night had a whopping total of 3 NFL passes to his name????  I can’t hack it. 

My best friend is a huge Cowboys fan and she watched the game with me. I am pretty positive even she felt sorry for me.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Definitely ready to move on from Zim and Kubes Jr. I have supported Zim for most of his tenure but no more. The Lions game was so bad, yet here we have now the Cowboys game that was utterly even worse. BTW, this team seems to lead the NFL in 2 very nefarious categories: Record after the bye week and record in prime time. How do you lay such an incredibly nasty ass egg against a guy who before Sunday night had a whopping total of 3 NFL passes to his name????  I can’t hack it. 

My best friend is a huge Cowboys fan and she watched the game with me. I am pretty positive even she felt sorry for me.
Yep, Zim finally lost me as well.  Was a big supporter until this off-season.  Not a big deal anymore, Sunday night was the first game I watched in 2 years and I finished watching it as a side while we watched a movie.  The first drive gave me some hope.  After that, the offense shit the bed over and over.  JJ giving up on the deep pass in the air, the run game getting stopped again.  So long Vikings.  You have cured a hopeless addict.