Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff...
Quarterback Kirk Cousins said the offense needs to play better, starting with himself, while the Vikings rank 28th in points per red-zone trip through four games, according to Football Outsiders. Tight end Johnny Mundt dropped a third-down pass, they committed three red-zone penalties and Cousins went too quickly through his reads and missed an open Justin Jefferson in the end zone against the Saints.
"Taking a tick longer to make sure that, 'Hey, if I've got him, let's take him as opposed to moving through the progression,'" Cousins said. "That's a place you got to tighten the screws down. You got to execute better."
'On the brink'Running back Dalvin Cook's longest run remains stuck on the 16-yard scamper he had in Week 1 against Green Bay. He felt like he was close to a big one in the second quarter against the Saints, when linebacker Demario Davis stuck out his foot as Cook hit a gap between center Garrett Bradbury and right guard Ed Ingram.
"He tripped me, clipped me. It was smooth," Cook said. "It was a good, veteran play. I'll give that to him. But that's the most positive and encouraging thing about this offense. We're still on the brink of getting the run game to where it needs to go."
Etc.Donatell said edge rusher Danielle Hunter is "getting used" to his new roles in a 3-4 system as he has one sack in four games: "Two games ago, I was thinking he was beating guys so fast and balls coming out, but every guy that's ever made that transition, the first month looks about like that. That's pretty normal." 

Offensive coordinator Wes Phillips on Nailor, the sixth-round receiver who caught the 13-yard pass to convert a fake punt against the Saints: "He was coached well before he got to us and kind of just came in, right from the start, was all business and the guy that as a rookie was moving positions very early." 

Receiver Adam Thielen on playing three home divisional games this early in the season: "I do not like it, personally. ... When you first see the schedule, do you look at those last few games to see where they're at? Yeah, for sure. And you don't really want to play at Lambeau and you don't really want to play at Chicago late in the season."

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-note...600213634/

What's the o/u for DH sacks for the year? 

5?
6?

:p 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

5?
6?

That would suggest that he's not going to improve at all over the course of the season, which I find hard to believe. This team has so much improving to do...from the run game, to Cousins, to the pass rush, coverage and run defense. It really is remarkable we're 3-1. 

Hoping that the team we see in December is a totally different team. 

5?
6?

$5M/sack or so

5?
6?

I think he'll end up with at least 10. Really think it's going to start clicking for him.

5?
6?

hell, he may have 5 on Sunday…!  Wink B)  

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@purplefaithful said:

5?
6?

I think he'll end up with at least 10. Really think it's going to start clicking for him.
I think it starts tomorrow. He's playing in a new defense, but he's also faced three of the best RTs in the game the last three weeks: Lane Johnson, Ryan Ramczyk and Penei Sewell. Two All Pros and a 2nd year player who's having an All Pro year. 

He gets Larry Borom this week. He's been solid, but he's not on the same level as the guys above, as the article below points out. Fwiw, this is a really good piece breaking down the Bears OL vs. Vikings DL 

https://beargoggleson.com/2022/10/08/chi...s-vikings/