Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agent for Thielen, Ham and others

I agree, it is painful. Such a conservative offense. And  pourous defense when we need to hold at the end.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...VYxaA1W2fA&s=19
OK, cool. But what is he even talking about? Zimmer? Cousins? The conservative offense? The defense? All of the above? Hopefully he's a little more "transparent" today. Chances are, though, now that he's sober, nothing will be said. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
 Chances are, though, now that he's sober, nothing will be said. 
LMAO, maybe. Its way more entertaining if he's 'transparent' today. 

Coaching staff is holding this team back.  It is pathetic.  Other than the 4th and 1 play to Thielen I am trying to remember ONE TIME the Vikings threw the ball PAST the sticks on third down.  Seriously that offensive gameplan outside of the first drive was PATHETIC.

Is the "throwing past the sticks" a product of poor play calling, Cousins or coaching?  Don't get me wrong I agree, I just don't know how you fix it. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Is the "throwing past the sticks" a product of poor play calling, Cousins or coaching?  Don't get me wrong I agree, I just don't know how you fix it. 
That is THE question isn't it?   It seems to me Cousins was really frustrated last night at times and even the offense didn't execute plays with any urgency, almost as if they disagreed with the play calls?

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@AGRforever said:
That is THE question isn't it?   It seems to me Cousins was really frustrated last night at times and even the offense didn't execute plays with any urgency, almost as if they disagreed with the play calls?
I'm trying to give Cousin's a pass here. If you look at our wins (all come backs) he's been lights out when give the chance to shine. 

I'm leaning towards play calling and coaching.  If the route is supposed to be 5 yards, you can't cut it off at 4. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Chuckf said:
@AGRforever said:
I'm trying to give Cousin's a pass here. If you look at our wins (all come backs) he's been lights out when give the chance to shine. 

I'm leaning towards play calling and coaching.  If the route is supposed to be 5 yards, you can't cut it off at 4. 

Also are these 5 yard and 3 yard checkdown passes on 3rd and 8 because NONE of our downfield receivers are open?   

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@AGRforever said:
@Chuckf said:
@AGRforever said:

Also are these 5 yard and 3 yard checkdown passes on 3rd and 8 because NONE of our downfield receivers are open?   
Sometimes I am sure they are,  but other times he hits that check down so fast its apparent that he made the decision pre snap based on what he saw.  There was at least 1 or 2 plays last night that he read pressure,  the cowboys rolled out of it,  but KC had already made his mind up to hit the safety valve and get out of harms way.   Last night we saw the same KC that we saw a few years ago where when pressured he either froze or he rushed his mechanics badly and air mailed some passes.  his head wasnt in it to win it,  his head was making business decisions IMO.