Mattison 4.67
Cook 4,49

Nwangwu- 4.29

Quote: @Mattyman said:
40 times

Mattison 4.67
Cook 4,49

Nwangwu- 4.29

...and all three of them are in the 210 lb. range...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Abdullah is signing with the Panthers.
Love this headline from MSN
Panthers Are Reportedly Signing Notable Running Back

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Ha! Be more accurate if it said "Panthers are notably signing reported running back."

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Ha! Be more accurate if it said "Panthers are notably signing reported running back."
Yeah for sure.  I had to click the bait just to see if they were actually talking about Abdullah

Nwangwu is another analytics pick by Spelly because of off the charts measurables - size speed.  So is Davidson/TE a round later.  Spelly likes to take shots as these guys in the later rounds (although 4 is kinda high) and has found success in the later rounds as we all know.  

Hoping that at least Nwangwu can nail down our return game and add that speed to our coverages - like Chisnea (? PSU speed kid).  If we can get anything from him on Offense that would be icing.  

Speed can kill but if you can't protect the QB, the ball, catch or make cuts it won't matter.  The NFL lore is full of guys who can fly but are busts for various reasons....I won't mention him Smile   I am even more cautious about Nwangwu because he wasn't used that much at Iowa State out of the backfield which is worrisome from an pass protection standpoint at the next level - IMO.  Training camp notated his speed but also that he makes a lot of mistakes and just needs to do that at full speed.  Not sure what those mistakes were...

Again, Bottom line for me is it will be great if he can just nail down the return game/coverage as a 4th round rookie.   

Quote: @minny65 said:
Nwangwu is another analytics pick by Spelly because of off the charts measurables - size speed.  So is Davidson/TE a round later.  Spelly likes to take shots as these guys in the later rounds (although 4 is kinda high) and has found success in the later rounds as we all know.  

Hoping that at least Nwangwu can nail down our return game and add that speed to our coverages - like Chisnea (? PSU speed kid).  If we can get anything from him on Offense that would be icing.  

Speed can kill but if you can't protect the QB, the ball, catch or make cuts it won't matter.  The NFL lore is full of guys who can fly but are busts for various reasons....I won't mention him Smile   I am even more cautious about Nwangwu because he wasn't used that much at Iowa State out of the backfield which is worrisome from an pass protection standpoint at the next level - IMO.  Training camp notated his speed but also that he makes a lot of mistakes and just needs to do that at full speed.  Not sure what those mistakes were...

Again, Bottom line for me is it will be great if he can just nail down the return game/coverage as a 4th round rookie.   
He wasn't used because Breece Hall is a very good running back and their style of offense wouldn't really incorporate someone like him. Perhaps we have success with him the way KC was had with Hardman as he wasn't a high pick either but his speed is the difference.

Alternate Reality:

The Vikings are winning by 10 points in a dominating performance.  In the beginning of the 4th, the Cowboys kick a FG to bring the game to 7.  Nwangwu back to receive the kickoff, he runs it out and coughs up the ball giving the Cowboys the ball on the 17.  A few plays later, they score a touchdown and go for the onside kick and get it.  The Vikings still win the game, but everyone blames the game being close on conservative playcalling.

Quote:

@minny65 said:

Again, Bottom line for me is it will be great if he can just nail down the return game/coverage as a 4th round rookie.   [Image: me5v7pdcuff3.jpeg]

[Image: mbxn1zmdza1d.jpeg]