Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer -- what does he need to do?
Quote: @minny65 said:
Reading through this thread that was started before the Lions game.

Is it still too early for us to move on from Zimmer after this season?  It sure seems like the longship is filling up with those that want to move on.  But then you get a few holdouts who say we are being premature or have not given Zimmer enough of a chance, or aren't as patient as they are etc...

I am already in vetting mode for a new HC and I hope the Wilf's are as well.  I am just wondering what the Wilf's are thinking about Spelly because he will be the key on a new HC.  Do we want him picking his second HC as GM?  
i think Zim’s been teetering on the edge since 2017. And i agree that the Wilfs should, and likely are, vetting other options. 

But yeah, of course its too early. 

Rick? No. That would be the biggest mistake this franchise has made since the Walker trade. Part of the reason Zimmer looks so bad is precisely because he’s been given such loaded rosters. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
Reading through this thread that was started before the Lions game.

Is it still too early for us to move on from Zimmer after this season?  It sure seems like the longship is filling up with those that want to move on.  But then you get a few holdouts who say we are being premature or have not given Zimmer enough of a chance, or aren't as patient as they are etc...

I am already in vetting mode for a new HC and I hope the Wilf's are as well.  I am just wondering what the Wilf's are thinking about Spelly because he will be the key on a new HC.  Do we want him picking his second HC as GM?  
i think Zim’s been teetering on the edge since 2017. And i agree that the Wilfs should, and likely are, vetting other options. 

But yeah, of course its too early. 

Rick? No. That would be the biggest mistake this franchise has made since the Walker trade. Part of the reason Zimmer looks so bad is precisely because he’s been given such loaded rosters. 
I really want to agree with you but lets see off the top of my head…
  1. CB:  4 first round picks wasted
  2. OL: Still work in progress after 4 plus years
  3. QB: Still not clear path on what the future is
  4. Questionable roster moves (this is not high on my list but still)
These would not be an issue if we did not have a plethora of picks. But again he amasses the picks to screw up. So I am not sure what the reasoning is.

At this point I'm convinced any success we have this year is in spite of Zimmer.  The best thing he can do is go away.  Right now, if it's not to much trouble.  Does MSP have nonstop flights to Louisville? Cincinnati? Lexington?  Whichever is closest to his ranch.

Making the playoffs would be ok for him, but winning a playoff game would solidify his stay. I mean at 2-3, you can't count them out of anything yet. And the 3 losses were all very winnable (with Cleveland being the closest to a 'true' loss). I just don't see this team as a playoff team at this point. Lots will have to change. 

A winnable game on the road in Carolina. Its week to week with this team.....just because they squeaked one out at home against a winless team doesn't mean they won't look good this Sunday. The team is inconsistent. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Making the playoffs would be ok for him, but winning a playoff game would solidify his stay. I mean at 2-3, you can't count them out of anything yet. And the 3 losses were all very winnable (with Cleveland being the closest to a 'true' loss). I just don't see this team as a playoff team at this point. Lots will have to change. 

A winnable game on the road in Carolina. Its week to week with this team.....just because they squeaked one out at home against a winless team doesn't mean they won't look good this Sunday. The team is inconsistent. 
I fully expect a win this week,  and then I fully expect them to flail through the season,  keep it interesting right to the end, and then once again fail to meet expectations but do just enough for arguments to he able to be made in support of one more year....always next year. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

I fully expect a win this week,  and then I fully expect them to flail through the season,  keep it interesting right to the end, and then once again fail to meet expectations but do just enough for arguments to he able to be made in support of one more year....always next year. 
You're probably spot on. My patience is at an official end with this regime. Time to take another swing at a new HC and possibly a GM. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

You're probably spot on. My patience is at an official end with this regime. Time to take another swing at a new HC and possibly a GM. 

If we are going GM I hope they start their search now,  let amy candidates know that they should start studying the team
 ( formally/informally) so they can have a solid game plan and hit the ground running as soon as they are in the building,  possibly even having a HC short list as soon as the season wraps up.  

I'm sure it will be viewed as a plum job...with all this talent and all.

I thought I would bump this back as we can look back at what everyone thought in October.

2% charitably set the bar at “win 8 games”. 

So pending the Bears game result, somewhere between 98-100% of poll responders think Zimmer should be fired. Lol 

At this point he needs to start packing.