Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL grades, yuck
Quote: @HappyViking said:
Keep in mind who they were playing... probably the best DL in the entire NFL.  The Browns have done this to just about every team they've faced this year so far.   I have a feeling the Vike's OL will be much better this week and looking very much like a dominating OL we saw vs the Squawks.
Yes, our line needs to gel and it really exposed that Darrisaw needs to replace Hill.  So it was a good wake up call.

It's the same old tiresome story of inadequate  personnel. Hill will never be an above average NFL lineman. OK as a backup but not a starter. Bradbury doesn't have the lead in his ass to anchor against NFL defensive tackles.
The other three have potential to be good. Bradbury is the second high draft pick center in a row that hasn't worked out so well. That's not just bad coaching.
The offense is actually pretty good despite having 60% of an average line. 
I watched the Bucs the other night and marveled at all the time Brady had to throw. I also watched their defense and the Vikings defense doesn't come close to resembling them.

Though many here seem to think the Vikings have an abundance of talent, they don't.
Player evaluation is as big a problem as coaching.

Quote: @greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
Keep in mind who they were playing... probably the best DL in the entire NFL.  The Browns have done this to just about every team they've faced this year so far.   I have a feeling the Vike's OL will be much better this week and looking very much like a dominating OL we saw vs the Squawks.
Yes, our line needs to gel and it really exposed that Darrisaw needs to replace Hill.  So it was a good wake up call.
Unfortunately, I'd be surprised if he's ready before the bye.

Despite his PFF grade, Hill played fairly well against Seattle and Arizona. Sure, he got help from Cleveland, but that's what OL's are supposed to do. An aided successful rep isn't graded positively by PFF. It's not negatively graded either though. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
Unfortunately, I'd be surprised if he's ready before the bye.

Despite his PFF grade, Hill played fairly well against Seattle and Arizona. Sure, he got help from Cleveland, but that's what OL's are supposed to do. An aided successful rep isn't graded positively by PFF. It's not negatively graded either though. 
i don't really care about the PFF grades.  he was abused by Garrett.  Our whole line got their ass kicked in that game.  I agree, Stephanski's familiarity with our offense, with Kirk, really hurt us in that game.

I wonder how this happened, did Garrett sprain his ankle stepping on Hill after he plowed over him?

Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett (knee/ankle soreness), ... defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (elbow),