Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pill for Covid?
Quote: @Viking1987 said:
if  proves right this is great  and those  shoot mandates  can go right up bidens ass
Lets think about this more and not just fume about the dang Govt is telling us what to do...

Whats going to get this country to the place we all want to be? Liberals and Conservatives?

Treating infection symptoms with antivirals?

Or

Preventing them from happening, spreading and mutating in the first place with a vaccine that truly works?

Take the polio vaccine? Or treat the symptoms with an iron lung??

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Viking1987 said:
if  proves right this is great  and those  shoot mandates  can go right up bidens ass
Lets think about this more and not just fume about the dang Govt is telling us what to do...

Whats going to get this country to the place we all want to be? Liberals and Conservatives?

Or

Preventing them from happening, spreading and mutating in the first place with a vaccine that truly works?

Just curious PF, if the vaccine truly works, why are we still discussing this?  And what is your definition of "truly works"?  

I find this new pill rather funny, it is hurting the stock of the Vax mfgs.  But it is a protease inhibitor, just like ivermectin, but costs a lot more and isn't an old well tested drug with minimal side effects.

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Viking1987 said:

Or

Just curious PF, if the vaccine truly works, why are we still discussing this?  And what is your definition of "truly works"?  

I find this new pill rather funny, it is hurting the stock of the Vax mfgs.  But it is a protease inhibitor, just like ivermectin, but costs a lot more and isn't an old well tested drug with minimal side effects.
1). Truly works = extremely low % of icu or dying from Covid among the vaxed vs those that arent and contract Covid. 

2). America needs higher % getting vaxed vs today.  #'s are going back down again, till they wont during cold/flu season

3). I look at this as a another potential bullet in the holster, not a cure-all. And it needs to go through more testing and approvals for sure. 

More qualified tools we can throw at this issue the better.  Too many people are still dying from this bullshit pandemic. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Viking1987 said:

Or

1). Truly works = extremely low % of icu or dying from Covid among the vaxed vs those that arent and contract Covid. 

2). America needs higher % getting vaxed vs today.  #'s are going back down again, till they wont during cold/flu season

3). I look at this as a another potential bullet in the holster, not a cure-all. And it needs to go through more testing and approvals for sure. 

Setting aside the disagreement about what a vaccine that works means, if you would accept this new pill, why not the tried and true ivermectin?  As I have long advocated, to fight this pandemic we should be willing to do what is necessary, including using safe off-label drugs.

Parasitic infection != Viral infection

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Parasitic infection != Viral infection
SCIENCE!

I think that has already been covered. but since ivermectin is commonly used to treat viral infection, has been around for 40+ years and works similarly to this new expensive drug, perhaps one could actually start looking at the science behind fighting covid.

It is not an anti-viral drug. It MAY have some anti-viral properties that need to undergo clinical studies. As of right now that isn’t ready to fly. And that is talking about the HUMAN dose and form of ivermectin. NOT the fleet farm version of ivermectin that people are using. 

On the other hand we have vaccines. They have undergone all the clinical studies. Have gotten full use authorization now, are free, safe, and incredibly effective.

However if you feel that you want to roll the dice and ise something else good luck to you. I have many friends that are in healthcare that are just about sick and tired of people showing up, abusing them for not being able to save them after refusing to get a free vaccine that billions have taken with extremely low side effects. Especially compared to those that have opted for Ivermectin and HCQ. 

I really do not want to see anyone die. Nor any one of their loved ones. It is likely that everyone in this country will get covid at least once. Those that have gotten vaxed are fairing much better. Very few deaths compared to those that haven’t been vaxed. 

As it goes for this site I will be removing any and all posts that are pushing for people to take ivermectin or HCQ over a vaccination. I will not let this site be used to push quack and kook information that coukd result in people dieing. 

Don’t like it? I don’t care.

It is not an anti-viral drug. It MAY have some anti-viral properties that need to undergo clinical studies. As of right now that isn’t ready to fly. And that is talking about the HUMAN dose and form of ivermectin. NOT the fleet farm version of ivermectin that people are using. 

On the other hand we have vaccines. They have undergone all the clinical studies. Have gotten full use authorization now, are free, safe, and incredibly effective.

However if you feel that you want to roll the dice and ise something else good luck to you. I have many friends that are in healthcare that are just about sick and tired of people showing up, abusing them for not being able to save them after refusing to get a free vaccine that billions have taken with extremely low side effects. Especially compared to those that have opted for Ivermectin and HCQ. 

I really do not want to see anyone die. Nor any one of their loved ones. It is likely that everyone in this country will get covid at least once. Those that have gotten vaxed are fairing much better. Very few deaths compared to those that haven’t been vaxed. 

As it goes for this site I will be removing any and all posts that are pushing for people to take ivermectin or HCQ over a vaccination. I will not let this site be used to push quack and kook information that coukd result in people dieing. 

Sorry, it has undergone many studies and shows its merits.  It has been around 40 times as long as the vaccines, tested and safe, and cheap.  Vaccines aren't free.  We are paying for them through taxes and sorry, they aren't incredibly effective.  Unless that definition has changed recently.  You can still get it, spread it, get sick from it and then there are possible side effects that haven't been studied yet.

And no, nobody is talking about taking the animal version.  That is just deliberate misinformation.  

Go ahead and censor safe, effective products.  Makes perfect sense while people are dying.

If ivetmectin did anything for respritory viruses farmers would have figured it out 4 decades ago. Corona virus has been in cattle since time began so there would have been all kinds of oppertunities to figure it out. 

Growing up on a dairy farm and living on a horse farm we’ve had unlimited times to see that it works fantastic for parasites and hasnt ever done a damn thing otherwise.