Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings open at -8.0 vs Detroit...
I hate playing O'fer teams,  especially division rivals. 

But Detroit really might be that miserable of a team. 

Not sure how I'm betting this one yet...I dropped $$ vs Brownies.

If they start their backup QB we are screwed.  

Right now I’d bet the Lions.  I’d also bet that number comes down. 

The Lions are favored by 8?  My, we have dropped.   I think you mean Vikes (-8).

Quote: @Waterboy said:
The Lions are favored by 8?  My, we have dropped.   I think you mean Vikes (-8).
Lol!!

At least someone is paying attention - FIXED! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Find another favorite that is laying 7-8 and tease them with the Vikes down below -3.   Vikes are down to -7.5.   You could also just wait, maybe luck out and find a -6.5 if it keeps moving the way it is.   But probably won''t happen.   

New England -9 at Houston would be good for a 6.5 pt teaser with the Vikes.   Vikes -1/New Eng -2.5 would be good I think.   At Houston vs. rookie qb, Belichick tends to wreck those guys.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@purplefaithful said:

Find another favorite that is laying 7-8 and tease them with the Vikes down below -3.   Vikes are down to -7.5.   You could also just wait, maybe luck out and find a -6.5 if it keeps moving the way it is.   But probably won''t happen.   

New England -9 at Houston would be good for a 6.5 pt teaser with the Vikes.   Vikes -1/New Eng -2.5 would be good I think.   At Houston vs. rookie qb, Belichick tends to wreck those guys.
I agree, we suck

Kneecappers are really hurting along the OL, lost their LT, C, & now Sewell is dealing w/ an ankle injury as well. Vikings have beat the Lions 7 straight. What could possibly go wrong…!?  Wink B)  

Quote: @Kentis said:
Kneecappers are really hurting along the OL, lost their LT, C, & now Sewell is dealing w/ an ankle injury as well. Vikings have beat the Lions 7 straight. What could possibly go wrong…!?  Wink B)  
Yep. Any team in the NFL can beat any other team in the NFL on any given Sunday. Especially a divisional game.

Look at last year. The 1-5 Vikings, without Hunter and Barr and with a DL that consisted of Holmes, Odenigbo, Johnson and Stephen, went into Green Bay and ran all over the 5-1 Packers. 

Vikings can't take the game lightly. Contrary to popular belief, the Lions aren't a terrible team. They played the 49ers tough (41-33) and it took Justin Tucker's record breaking, 66-yard field goal as time expired to beat the Lions two weeks ago. (19-17).

Still, lose at home against Detroit on Sunday and Zimmer could be out on Monday. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:
Yep. Any team in the NFL can beat any other team in the NFL on any given Sunday. Especially a divisional game.

Look at last year. The 1-5 Vikings, without Hunter and Barr and with a DL that consisted of Holmes, Odenigbo, Johnson and Stephen, went into Green Bay and ran all over the 5-1 Packers. 

Vikings can't take the game lightly. Contrary to popular belief, the Lions aren't a terrible team. They played the 49ers tough (41-33) and it took Justin Tucker's record breaking, 66-yard field goal as time expired to beat the Lions two weeks ago. (19-17).

Still, lose at home against Detroit on Sunday and Zimmer could be out on Monday. 

I dont even think a miserable outing vs Detroit would result in Zimmer moving on. Wilfs are too loyal and who's going to fill the vacancy on that staff? Even on an interim basis. 

Maybe Patterson, the rest are kids or not near HC material.

Detroit should be a bounce-back game should be. Problem is Viking fans will be fuming even if its a close nail biter win. 

They got bigger problems not knowing when they'll get Pierce back...Hell, they're 27th against the rush right now. 

Vigil has been awful against the run, they need a healthy Barr back. DT's are such a disappointment. Dre cant be happy.