Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrisaw Update, Week 2 Notes
https://vikingsterritory.com/2021/analys...ek-2-notes
Update on Christian DarrisawContrary to the tone of the latest speculation on Christian Darrisaw, Darren Wolfson of KSTP said on his podcast that Darrisaw is “progressing nicely. It’s when, not if. He WILL get on the field at some point this year. I’m positive of that… The Vikings are going to transition to Darrisaw at some point.”
Keep an eye on the injury report to see when he’s able to participate fully in practice. The Vikings’ first-round pick barely saw the field in training camp but when he’s able to get into game-shape and ultimately take over at left tackle, Darrisaw has the potential to make the offensive line considerably better.
Week 2 Observations
  • Kirk Cousins was outstanding on Sunday. His body language portrayed poise and confidence. His quick decision-making and passing accuracy to all levels of the field were on full display
  • Dalvin Cook flourished behind stout blocking from the offensive line and tight ends
  • Rashod Hill is a fine swing tackle. He played well Sunday but his athleticism remains a liability long-term
  • Oli Udoh, on the other hand, is an ATHLETE. He played great and looks to be improving at RG
  • Ezra Cleveland beginning to show his potential at LG
  • Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen and KJ Osborn developing into a solid WR trio?
  • Nick Vigil is looking like a great free agent signing
    • Same with Xavier Woods
  • [*]Danielle Hunter was close to sacking Kyler Murray on multiple plays that turned into big gains for Arizona
    • Hunter still had 3 sacks
    • Murray is a legit double-threat QB and MVP contender
    [*]DJ Wonnum hasn’t produced much after splashing in training camp but he’s playing better than his PFF grade suggests[*]Considering the personnel, the defensive line hasn’t been as disruptive as expected[*]If Eric Kendricks keeps up this high level of play, he’ll force the Vikings into giving him a contract extension before next season[*]Mackensie Alexander is underperforming so far[*]Cam Dantzler should be starting soon over Bashaud Breeland[*]Captain Obvious statement: Special teams were ugly. There’s a ton of room for improvement[*]Using the last timeout with 35 seconds to go in the first half (on 2nd down) was an awfuldecision[*]Play-calling on offense, while conservative at times, was fluid
    • Klint Kubiak did a nice job of moving around the pocket and helping out Garrett Bradbury
    [*]Only 3 penalties for Minnesota[*]Cardinals that stood out: Murray, Isaiah Simmons, Maxx Williams, Budda Baker, Rondale Moore, Jalen Thompson[*]State Farm Stadium is a fun environment. Highly suggest the tailgating lawn to pregame

Udoh pancaked Watt on one play where Watt tried a push-pull.  Udoh took the pull and drove him into the turf.

After a quick re-watch of the game, the unit that stood out to me most was the IOL: Cleveland, Bradbury and Udoh. We'll have to figure out what we have in Davis, but those three could be a very good long-term IOL for this team.

Now, one good game doesn't quite absolve Bradbury and make everyone shout "5th year option," but it's a start. He plays like that the rest of the year, he'll get his 5th year. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
After a quick re-watch of the game, the unit that stood out to me most was the IOL: Cleveland, Bradbury and Udoh. We'll have to figure out what we have in Davis, but those three could be a very good long-term IOL for this team.

Now, one good game doesn't quite absolve Bradbury and make everyone shout "5th year option," but it's a start. He plays like that the rest of the year, he'll get his 5th year. 
You are right, it is a start. What's sad is how predictable Bradbury is when it comes to the size of DTs he faces. I would imagine Seattle has Woods go at him Sunday, so hopefully he handles that challenge decently. He HAS to make progress vs bigger DTs otherwise there wont be a 5th year

Well I hope Darrisaw can be ready to play soon.  I think the real question is “What is the
probability that he could retweak this injury during recovery which would delay
his availability?”

I’m curious what’s going on with Breeland.  He’s looked pretty bad.  Is he still figuring out the scheme or has he
always been bad?  I don’t really know
much about him prior to this.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:

You are right, it is a start. What's sad is how predictable Bradbury is when it comes to the size of DTs he faces. I would imagine Seattle has Woods go at him Sunday, so hopefully he handles that challenge decently. He HAS to make progress vs bigger DTs otherwise there wont be a 5th year
He seems to struggle mostly with DTs that weigh in at the 340-350 range. Vikings don't have a DT on their schedule like that for a while. Hopefully, he can put several good games together. 

Quote: @medaille said:
Well I hope Darrisaw can be ready to play soon.  I think the real question is “What is the
his availability?”

I’m curious what’s going on with Breeland.  He’s looked pretty bad.  Is he still figuring out the scheme or has he
So far I've missed on Breeland completely...

1). I wonder if he got injured earlier?
2). I wonder if he's getting passed at a lot with P2 on the other side?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@medaille said:
his availability?”

I have to watch again,  but it seems like Breeland isnt playing instinctually which can come from not understand the scheme,  not being comfortable with his own skills after getting worked pretty bad the first 2 games,  or he is just flat out mentally or physically done,  he just seems to be playing a reactionary corner and about all that is good for is making tackles after the fact,  or falling down because of bad reaction as we have seen several times.  I think its definitely time to give Boyd, Dantzler, or Hand a shot ( pun intended in Hands case )

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@medaille said:
his availability?”

I have to watch again,  but it seems like Breeland isnt playing instinctually which can come from not understand the scheme,  not being comfortable with his own skills after getting worked pretty bad the first 2 games,  or he is just flat out mentally or physically done,  he just seems to be playing a reactionary corner and about all that is good for is making tackles after the fact,  or falling down because of bad reaction as we have seen several times.  I think its definitely time to give Boyd, Dantzler, or Hand a shot ( pun intended in Hands case )
I think its played out enough to know Zim is partial to vets. I remember P2 talking about learning new techniques under Z so you imagine BB has undergone the same treatment. That reads into the theme that he is reacting a little slowly.  BB will have a leash but im sure Z will be somewhat longsuffering unless he shows no or slow improvement. 

If tiny remains in the doghouse Im all for Hand  Wink. he looks pretty ready to me. 

I'm not sure about Hand. He doesn't look like he can hold his own out on the field.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]