Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not built to throw

"You put yourself in a bad situation where you have to throw the ball, and that’s now how we’re built."

That's too bad because it's a passing league.

When your offensive line has holes, you need a mobile qb. Easier to find qb then build a line. It’s time for Zimmer, Spielman, and Cousins to go.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
"You put yourself in a bad situation where you have to throw the ball, and that’s now how we’re built."

In other words we spent 7 years building a team that isn't equipped to throw or come from behind.

In other words .... memo to 31 NFL teams just load the box and stop the run, even the HC knows he can't throw.

So we moved on from the Adrian Peterson + Christian Ponder Era of failure, guess Zimmer thought that was a blueprint for success ...

God help us, never have I abandoned support for a HC at this speed before but he clearly doesn't have a clue how to build an offense.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@Vikergirl said:

In other words we spent 7 years building a team that isn't equipped to throw or come from behind.

In other words .... memo to 31 NFL teams just load the box and stop the run, even the HC knows he can't throw.

So we moved on from the Adrian Peterson + Christian Ponder Era of failure, guess Zimmer thought that was a blueprint for success ...

God help us, never have I abandoned support for a HC at this speed before but he clearly doesn't have a clue how to build an offense.
I know right. That pissed me off. Not all games are going to be set up for controlling the clock with the running game. Also saying you can't come from behind? Seriously? Wtf? That is another thing that bugs me. You have to throw the ball but you have to have pass protection and clearly that is still an issue. I just don't know where they go from here. Ugh.

Last season, the vaccine stuff, the preseason, game 1, these comments... they're all alarming.
Let's hope they can turn this thing around quickly. I still think they can. The Cardinals looked great yesterday but they were very mercurial last year and maybe coming off a big win they'll have a let-down game. But if the Vikes can't turn this season around in the next month or so then yeah, it's not like I'll be gobsmacked. The warning signs are there.

Zimmer's excuse making never takes a break.  It's subtle, but it's been there all along.  

I think Zimmer was being truthful...  does anyone think Cousins is Mahomes?  We don't have a QB that's good enough to win a game by himself and our OL certainly isn't capable of keeping him clean enough to throw that much.  We're built for a balanced offense where we can run the ball and use the screen game with our best offensive weapon (Cook) and take deep play action shots with Thielen and Jefferson.  You guys are reading way too much into his comments.

Calm down everybody. Of course nobody wants to start with 1st and 20 or 25 all the time, cause that means that you literally HAVE to throw and can't keep the defense guessing.

That's what he meant. No team is made for that.

Quote: @GermanVike said:
Calm down everybody. Of course nobody wants to start with 1st and 20 or 25 all the time, cause that means that you literally HAVE to throw and can't keep the defense guessing.

That's what he meant. No team is made for that.
But really neither is any team, including KC. He's not saying it isn't optimal, that's obvious. He's saying 'that's not how we are built'....insinuating they are out of their element. Specifically mentioning it as a weakness. If his purpose was to bring up that its a tough situation to be in, that's what he would have said. I really think there is a distinction here, its why I posted it. I fully understand it isn't optimal to be in that situation, but it isn't for ANY team.

Words have meaning. At some point, we have to stop deciphering what we think Zimmer means. He's said some 'interesting' things recently.