Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford is in the right organization now/Vikings thoughts
Wooooeee he looked good. Talented guy. I've always liked his moxie and abilities at QB, he was just stuck with a horrible franchise in Detroit. His arm talent is still very good. 

Its very early, but when you watched some of the better 6 to 7 teams in the NFL yesterday, Minnesota isn't at that level by any stretch. Vikings have a ROUGH next 3 games. I don't know what will happen and I'm not giving up on them at this early point, but you'll know very quickly what we have in this team....or don't have. Cleveland looked amazing for a half against the Chiefs and then kind of frittered the game away. I'm not one of the fans that put the blame on Cousins for this loss, he wasn't the reason....but man his lack of mobility is glaring in today's NFL. Its like he's dragging a sled. He could have used that yesterday to get out of some situations and add a dimension to the position for the Vikings. Whether it turns out to be Mond or another drafted player for the future, they have to have mobility and escapability at QB when they move on from Cousins. The amount of penalties by the offense was maddening. They killed drives. Good for Greg Joseph, very clutch. He's a kid from FAU which is just a few miles from my house so he has fans down here in Boca Raton. 

Yeah, that Rams are a scary team. They'd be even better with Cam Akers, but great defense, good weapons and now a real QB to run it all. 

Cousins can move a bit when he needs to, it's not like he's a Tom Brady statue back there.  The issue is he's slow to read what's in front of him, which coupled with the shitshow oline makes it tough in pressure situations.  Those are where he usually fails, in between him putting up all those stats that get people believing he's more than what he basically is--a mid-tier guy.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Cousins can move a bit when he needs to, it's not like he's a Tom Brady statue back there.  The issue is he's slow to read what's in front of him, which coupled with the shitshow oline makes it tough in pressure situations.  Those are where he usually fails, in between him putting up all those stats that get people believing he's more than what he basically is--a mid-tier guy.
Here's the thing - Brady is not mobile, yet he finds ways to move within the pocket and avoid sacks and pressures.

Cousins looks like a blind guy on crutches sliding into pressure.  He has zero feel. None.

Cousins is a bigger issue than any here want to admit.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@comet52 said:
Here's the thing - Brady is not mobile, yet he finds ways to move within the pocket and avoid sacks and pressures.

Cousins looks like a blind guy on crutches sliding into pressure.  He has zero feel. None.

Cousins is a bigger issue than any here want to admit.
Not only that, Brady's offensive line is outfuckingstanding. He has so much time. It's unbelievable. 

Cousins doesn't have that. They need to hurry up and get it together. They need quicker plays because the protection will not and cannot hold up.

Brady is also elite at reading defenses pre-snap. You almost never ever ever see him get mauled by a blitzing LB the way Kirk does at least once a game. A closer comparison for Kirk is Eli Manning, IMO. 

You really think Brady just happens to play for two totally different teams and both magically have outstanding pass protection  ....

Maybe Brady just understands how to buy a half second longer in the pocket and get his throws off, or not walk into sacks?

That being said Tampa's O-line is a lot better than our disaster ... 

Bradbury is god-awful in pass protection 

I watched a good chunk of that Rams/Bears game...

Outside of the drooling over Fields it was pretty entertaining for a while. 

Rams/Bucs certainly look like the class of the NFC 

KC and the Vikings are what they are - probably a little over avg when the dust all settles.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

KC and the Vikings are what they are - probably a little over avg when the dust all settles.
we are back to where we were after the tice era,  good enough to keep the fans attention, but not good enough to go anywhere,  stuck drafting in the mid to upper teens and never getting/taking a real shot at a QB that might be able to change the future.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

we are back to where we were after the tice era,  good enough to keep the fans attention, but not good enough to go anywhere,  stuck drafting in the mid to upper teens and never getting/taking a real shot at a QB that might be able to change the future.  
Agree and the reason I wanted us to look extremely hard for a first round QB this past draft - a potential franchise QB just doesn't appear the season you think you need one.  This was the most loaded first round talent QB draft since the Marino draft.  Then you add that we are picking at 14 which is a lot higher for us then usual.  Oh well, we could have moved up for Fields or Jones.  I think the Bears may have finally found a franchise QB in Fields. We will see and judge in 3 or 4 years but I think Fields will be starting this year and probably getting the Bears to the playoffs while we continue to flounder and stick with milktoast weirdo Kirk