Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vaccine Mandate, Vikings and USB Stadium questions
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@medaille said:
Does he have the ability to issue executive orders that would
issue requirements to private venues without it being overturned in the courts?  I know there’s a strong history of congress
giving the president tons of power in emergencies, but I don’t know the exact powers
they’ve given them.

Its certainly an interesting topic!!!
The government already controls a lot of safety aspects of the structure of buildings.  All the way from housing permits to massive venues.  Can they use OSHA safety standards for employees?  Probably??  OSHA is one of those letter agencies you DO NOT F with.
but yet no establishment was ever shut down by osha for allowing smoking indoors due to the health risk to the employees,  yet that was the #1 reason for the smoking bans in bars and restaurants.  IMO they would have a hard time with this one since there is a working vaccine available to all in this country and although its not a complete avoidance of the disease,  most vaccinated will have little to no issues if they do catch it.  I think this would then lead to mandatory flu vaccinations as well as a whole slew of other govt over reaches.

Interesting on the smoking angle.  Probably comparable and if you were a lawyer you could certainly use it as precedent either way. 

.gov has been over reaching for decades.  This is going to be highly contested and certainly will have an impact going forward. 

I know Obama used the DOL to rewrite our business.  He essentially wanted to make compensation in financial products illegal.  I now have a 30 page form I have to give out to clients every time we meet stating some pretty obvious things.  Obama's crew wrote the EO, Trump's crew neutered it.  The industry policing itself basically just followed the lions share of what Obama wanted and now we're here. 

All that to say, going through letter agencies to get what you want is something thats been done before. 
those letter agencies are supposed to protect the tax payer,  instead they get weaponized and typically work against the average American.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@medaille said:
Does he have the ability to issue executive orders that would
issue requirements to private venues without it being overturned in the courts?  I know there’s a strong history of congress
giving the president tons of power in emergencies, but I don’t know the exact powers
they’ve given them.

Its certainly an interesting topic!!!
The government already controls a lot of safety aspects of the structure of buildings.  All the way from housing permits to massive venues.  Can they use OSHA safety standards for employees?  Probably??  OSHA is one of those letter agencies you DO NOT F with.
but yet no establishment was ever shut down by osha for allowing smoking indoors due to the health risk to the employees,  yet that was the #1 reason for the smoking bans in bars and restaurants.  IMO they would have a hard time with this one since there is a working vaccine available to all in this country and although its not a complete avoidance of the disease,  most vaccinated will have little to no issues if they do catch it.  I think this would then lead to mandatory flu vaccinations as well as a whole slew of other govt over reaches.

Interesting on the smoking angle.  Probably comparable and if you were a lawyer you could certainly use it as precedent either way. 

.gov has been over reaching for decades.  This is going to be highly contested and certainly will have an impact going forward. 

I know Obama used the DOL to rewrite our business.  He essentially wanted to make compensation in financial products illegal.  I now have a 30 page form I have to give out to clients every time we meet stating some pretty obvious things.  Obama's crew wrote the EO, Trump's crew neutered it.  The industry policing itself basically just followed the lions share of what Obama wanted and now we're here. 

All that to say, going through letter agencies to get what you want is something thats been done before. 
those letter agencies are supposed to protect the tax payer,  instead they get weaponized and typically work against the average American.

No doubt.  They certainly have more power then was ever intended.  From a politicians viewpoint though, they get to have EPA or CDC or DOL or whomever they want run clearance for them to accomplish things they can't get through regular congress or things that are controversial like a vaccine mandate. 

I've still yet to see a Biden EO that requires stadiums to check vaccination status so this whole thread is probably useless.  Your point about daily testing of players is more stringent then this new ruling.  So the Vikings get around that quite easily. 

Here's another squirrel thought.  If the Vikings traveled to New Orleans or Las Vegas could that stadium require players to be vaccinated?   What if we got to a playoff game with the Saints in NO......

Edit:  What about whomever is playing in the UK this year?  How will that get handled?  What a mess!!