Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A word on Herndon...
After a hectic few days, newly acquired tight end Chris Herndon is starting to settle in with the Vikings. He already has immersed himself in the playbook and participated fully in Wednesday’s practice at TCO Performance Center in Eagan. 
The next step will be developing chemistry with quarterback Kirk Cousins. 
“He’s done a great job picking up the offense,” Cousins said. ” That was really the first hurdle, so he has a good feel for what we’re trying to do. We just need more time to get the feel of how he’s wired and what he does naturally well.” 
This could be the fresh start Herndon needs. After a stellar rookie season with the New York Jets  in 2018 when he had 39 receptions for 502 yards and four touchdowns, his production took a dip over the past couple of seasons. He was acquired by the Vikings last week for a fourth-round draft pick. 

“It was kind of thrown at me,” said Herndon, who admitted he was surprised by the trade. “You just have to learn to adapt in a new environment, new people, new offense. I’m just doing my best to learn as fast as I can and get acclimated.” 
It’s unclear whether Herndon will play in Sunday’s season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals. He currently is listed behind fellow tight ends Tyler Conklin and Brandon Dillon on the depth chart. 
“I’m just coming out here working every day and enjoying getting better,” Herndon said. “Whatever the team has for me, it’s up to me to be ready, in shape, and know as much as I can.”

https://www.twincities.com/2021/09/08/vi...ter-trade/

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
After a hectic few days, newly acquired tight end Chris Herndon is starting to settle in with the Vikings. He already has immersed himself in the playbook and participated fully in Wednesday’s practice at TCO Performance Center in Eagan. 
The next step will be developing chemistry with quarterback Kirk Cousins. 
“He’s done a great job picking up the offense,” Cousins said. ” That was really the first hurdle, so he has a good feel for what we’re trying to do. We just need more time to get the feel of how he’s wired and what he does naturally well.” 
This could be the fresh start Herndon needs. After a stellar rookie season with the New York Jets  in 2018 when he had 39 receptions for 502 yards and four touchdowns, his production took a dip over the past couple of seasons. He was acquired by the Vikings last week for a fourth-round draft pick. 

“It was kind of thrown at me,” said Herndon, who admitted he was surprised by the trade. “You just have to learn to adapt in a new environment, new people, new offense. I’m just doing my best to learn as fast as I can and get acclimated.” 
It’s unclear whether Herndon will play in Sunday’s season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals. He currently is listed behind fellow tight ends Tyler Conklin and Brandon Dillon on the depth chart. 
“I’m just coming out here working every day and enjoying getting better,” Herndon said. “Whatever the team has for me, it’s up to me to be ready, in shape, and know as much as I can.”

https://www.twincities.com/2021/09/08/vi...ter-trade/
Doubt we'll see him much on Sunday. One wrong turn on a route and it's pick six, 

Chemistry and Kirk Cousins that contains an ironic implication, that’s not in our QB’s wheelhouse.  He just needs to believe.

He's 3 weeks out before he understands anything worthwhile. He's unlearning an old playbook and relearning a new one.