Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ONeill EXTENDED 5yr/$92 million
If Oli and Cleveland can establish themselves as quality to good NFL starters at G then this year will be a red shirt year for Davis digging into the calls, plays, rtc for the C position.  

if he can have the mental appititude that Bradburry does, his strength should give him a starting spot next year IF GB doesnt that crucial next step. 

I am disappointed in our center play but we have equipped him some of thr worst guard play on record for a contending team. 

This year, there are no excuses. Same for his QB

Interesting sidenote: While looking for O'Neill's exact contract numbers over at overthecap.com I saw that Stephen Weatherly restructured his deal from the offseason and took a 500k paycut on 09/06 (down from $2,5 mio. to $2.0 mio. )

https://overthecap.com/player/stephen-weatherly/4940/

So they told him: take the paycut or you're out? Man, sometimes I'm really struggling with these contracts...but otoh: $ 2mio. is still a pretty nice compensation with him being a (replacable) backup.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The hope for Bradbury is for improvement from within and by having better OG's on either side of him...

Agree with @MB, this is a crucial year for him when it comes to wearing a Vikings uniform in the future. 
We'll find out a lot on Sunday. Bradbury goes against his typical nemesis: DJ Reader, a 6-3, 350 lb behemoth who is now the highest paid nose tackle in the NFL.