Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings -3.5 Vs Bengals

The Vikings waived Dru Samia after reaching an injury settlement with the guard.

[Image: NAD6UYWo_bigger.jpg]
Rookie Ihmir Smith-Marsette was listed as the kick returner on Minnesota's Week 1 depth chart w/ KJ Osborn behind him. Zimmer said he likes ISM b/c he's fearless: "He’s got to take care of the ball better, I think, but he’s fearless returning the kicks and I like that about him."

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: NAD6UYWo_bigger.jpg]
Rookie Ihmir Smith-Marsette was listed as the kick returner on Minnesota's Week 1 depth chart w/ KJ Osborn behind him. Zimmer said he likes ISM b/c he's fearless: "He’s got to take care of the ball better, I think, but he’s fearless returning the kicks and I like that about him."
Interesting. 

Used to have a pretty fearless guy. Was the all decade KR.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Depressing is more like it. Boyd isn't a starting CB in the NFL, JMO.

https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/143...2740137999
Did Dantzler fall or did he just get passed? Or is he in Zim's doghouse? I have a hard time believing that he's a worse corner this year than he was last year.

I think the coaches like Boyd's physicality, something that Tiny lacks.  

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
I've been informed that after losing out to DJ Wonnum to start #Vikings DE Stephen Weatherly took a $500,000 pay cut from $2.5 million to $2M in 2021 to remain with team Since he's a vested vet it'll be guaranteed for year Had he been released Vikings would have owed him $500,000

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
I've been informed that after losing out to DJ Wonnum to start #Vikings DE Stephen Weatherly took a $500,000 pay cut from $2.5 million to $2M in 2021 to remain with team Since he's a vested vet it'll be guaranteed for year Had he been released Vikings would have owed him $500,000
Very interesting. Seems these new NFL rules gives the team more flexibility in things like this. 

The upside for Weatherly is he can earn $$ back. 2 sacks = $250K, can earn back up to $1M if gets to 8 sacks. #Vikings
Quote Tweet
[Image: dg0MhkXS_normal.jpg]

The upside for Weatherly is he can earn $$ back. 2 sacks = $250K, can earn back up to $1M if gets to 8 sacks. #Vikings
Quote Tweet
[Image: dg0MhkXS_normal.jpg]
"Alright Stephen hold your man and plug the run, we're gonna turn Smith loose"
*Weatherly spin move and bumrush the QB* :p
In all seriousness I'm glad he at least has some incentives to get that money back. The scummy Saints did Latavius Murray pretty dirty by asking him to take a paycut 2 days ago, after he had a great year last year. While I'm sure Weatherly is annoyed, at least it was "only" $500K and he can still get it back with a few sacks. Vikings typically take care of their own. This seems like more of that.