Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pats Release Cam Newton
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
So was Mac Jones on the board when we traded down with the Jets?
yes he was.
Yep. Definitely early for woulda coulda shoulda like MB said but the potential for Vikes fans pain is definitely there. Unlike Fields who we really would have given up a lot to get, Mac was just sitting there. We'll see.

[Image: j933y5mo2r42.jpeg]

@purplefaithful said:
yes he was.
This pisses me off. I was and really wanted Mac Jones. I was told he did not look the part and was not ripe for the big leagues.  :'(

Quote: @mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
yes he was.
This pisses me off. I was and really wanted Mac Jones. I was told he did not look the part and was not ripe for the big leagues.  :'(
A little soon to be pissed off IMO.  Jones has proven nothing,  and we dont know what we have yet in Darrisaw.   On the surface its frustrating,   but apply logic and its just to soon.

@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
yes he was.
A little soon to be pissed off IMO.  Jones has proven nothing,  and we dont know what we have yet in Darrisaw.   On the surface its frustrating,   but apply logic and its just to soon.
Yep. Why do we like to crown someone when they haven't done shit yet but beat out an unvaccinated has-been?

Cam on the Patriots screamed out that Belichick was desperate.  There is nothing about that union that makes sense.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Yes and I was pissed we didn’t take him. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
yes he was.
Yep. Why do we like to crown someone when they haven't done shit yet but beat out an unvaccinated has-been?
When it comes to the Vikings and not drafting a long term QB please allow me not to be logical.

Very, very few fellow posters were on board about drafting a QB at 14 or moving up/down.  In fact I don't remember anyone interesting in moving up during the draft after the first 3 fell.  I was beating the QB drum months before the draft and almost to a man it was a OT/DE.  I proposed move ups for a QB that were shot down faster then a NY minute.  I thought/think that this QB draft was special and we were positioned higher then normal at 14. 

I loved Wilson the most but he was not within our range.   I think he is special but I really hope the Jets don't F up his career.  I have invested about $1K in Wilson rookie cards (signed, numbered etc) so I put my money into my belief...fingers crossed Smile 

I also thought/think that Fields is a steal for the Bears at 10...great move up IMO.  I stated that I would have supported that move up for a QB that our staff bought into.  

I did not by in to the Mac Jones hype and would not have liked picking him at 14 - just being honest.  

Those preseason stats are a complete vacuum of circumstances.  

I have watched pretty much all of those rookies snaps and as we know stats are "not" everything.  

Here is my take on the Top QB's overall preseason (my ranks..again meaningless preseason):

1 - Wilson - so smooth and his ball placement is perfect for YAC.  This game and NYC  is not to big for him at all but the Jets franchise...worst situation of all rookie starting QB's
2 - Fields - will be starting very early.  Has it all... arm, accuracy and he is fast.  Oh and the pre draft crap about reading a defense is garbage
3 - M. Jones - another one with great ball placement like Wilson.  Looks better then I thought but the hype with him starting is being overblown...his competition was Cam...did anyone else watch him???
4 - T Lawrance - seemed a little overwhelmed being the "man".  But the last preseason game was very good.  Still, the Jags are slightly better off then the Jets.
5 - Lance - some special moments but clearly showed how raw he is.  He is a couple year project to be a good starting QB.  Jimmy G will be the starter with some of those situational plays we saw for Lance.  But if Jimmy G goes down this season so do the 49'ers.  Lance is not ready this year.  

Belichick just might be who he always was without Brady.