OJ
Harris
Allen
Bo J
Csonka
Dorsett
Sayers
Tomlinson

I'm sure I'm missing some for sure. What a list huh? 

If I'm picking one and only 1? Sweetness (damn near went Sanders)

I'd say I'm the greatest RB...at least when it comes to getting through tourist crowds & panhandlers when I'm out in NYC. You guys really should see my moves.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Sweetness
J. Brown
Dickerson
T. Davis
The Diesel
Sanders
Faulk
Emmit Smith
AP
Campbell
OJ
Harris
Allen
Bo J
Csonka
Dorsett
Sayers
Tomlinson

I'm with you on Payton,   it was a gift to see Sanders run (against other teams)  but Walter set the bar for what an all around RB should be in his ERA.

Payton.

Sweetness
J. Brown
Dickerson
T. Davis
The Diesel
Sanders
Faulk
Emmit Smith
AP
Campbell
OJ
Harris
Allen
Bo J
Csonka
Dorsett
Sayers
Tomlinson

I saw Sweetness at the top and then read your bottom. i totally agreewalter Payton was the greatest and its not that close. OJ Simpson was probably 2nd although i hate that guy

Earl Campbell wore out but was unbelievably good. Barry Sanders might be a solid #2 or 3 with Jim Brown.  The Kansas Comet  and Bo Jackson would  have been top 5 conversation

Bo Jackson shone brightly, but for too short a time. What tail-back he was!! 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@purplefaithful said:
Sweetness
J. Brown
Dickerson
T. Davis
The Diesel
Sanders
Faulk
Emmit Smith
AP
Campbell
OJ
Harris
Allen
Bo J
Csonka
Dorsett
Sayers
Tomlinson

I saw Sweetness at the top and then read your bottom. i totally agreewalter Payton was the greatest and its not that close. OJ Simpson was probably 2nd although i hate that guy

Earl Campbell wore out but was unbelievably good. Barry Sanders might be a solid #2 or 3 with Jim Brown.  The Kansas Comet  and Bo Jackson would  have been top 5 conversation

IMO Bo falls victim to the Chuck Foreman argument,  just not a big enough body of work,   but in his short prime..I dont know that there will ever be a better prime for any athlete in any sport.  Maybe Tiger? Jordan?  Bo was fucking unstoppable,   they knew he was gonna get the ball but it didn't matter,  he produced.... signed The Boz

Bo Jackson shone brightly, but for too short a time. What tail-back he was!! 
That's the one player whenever someone asks "who would you have loved to see not have an injury shortened career", that I would bang the table for.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
@purplefaithful said:
Sweetness
J. Brown
Dickerson
T. Davis
The Diesel
Sanders
Faulk
Emmit Smith
AP
Campbell
OJ
Harris
Allen
Bo J
Csonka
Dorsett
Sayers
Tomlinson

IMO Bo falls victim to the Chuck Foreman argument,  just not a big enough body of work,   but in his short prime..I dont know that there will ever be a better prime for any athlete in any sport.  Maybe Tiger? Jordan?  Bo was fucking unstoppable,   they knew he was gonna get the ball but it didn't matter,  he produced.... signed The Boz
Exactly. Rare talent, generational,  like a Moss talent.  Bo is arguably the best professional athlete of all time. He was one helleva baseball player. 

Payton, Brown, Peterson, Sanders are at the top IMO.  They had some rare talent and dominated at levels that others didn't. 

Payton was so smooth, Brown was a generation or 2 ahead, Peterson had a rare combination of speed, size, balance and power, Sander was electric and did so much on such a crappy team.

Tomlinson was a fantasy superstar cuz he did it all and scored. Eddie George was another fantasy star.   Bo was cut short, so while he might have surpassed all the others, hard to say GOAT.